• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baroni (Wizard of Ahhs) - Suit Review

cinciesquire

Reaction score
I recently purchased three Baroni suits from Wizard of Ahhs (ebay), and wanted to offer my opinion. The suits arrived on time and well packaged. Price was ~ $260 with shipping. I was impressed by the the look and initial fit of suits (not slim but not baggy - good for an average build).

More importantly, when I picked the suits up from having them altered, my trusted tailor (who makes bespoke suits) could not stop going on about the quality of the material and construction, and did so without me asking. He asked where I got them (I think he's used to altering J.A.B. and department store), and when I told him where and how much, he was shocked. Of course he said a custom suit would fit slightly better, but for much less than 25% of the price (especially given the Super 150 fabric), he said the Baronis were well worth the money.

This is my experience. I recommend these suits if you are in the market for good quality, but not interested in bespoke pricing.

Regards.

P.S. - I have no affiliation with Wizard of Ahhs, but did tell owner Jeff (who was very helpful) that I would post a fair assessment on this forum.

MrChris

Reaction score
It seems like you made a sweet bargain there, good for you
smile.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the owner choose the name Baroni to sound like Brioni or is it just a coincidence?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like I've read an almost identical review before - including the whole bit about the glowing review by the tailor. Not that I don't believe the story, but it seems outdated. Didn't the Wiz change the model names of the suits over a year ago? They are no longer Baroni's but Valentino (or whatever), Daniele and a couple of other models?

FWIW, I directed a buddy on limited means to the Wiz and Baroni suits (when they were Baroni), and he (and I) was equally pleased with the quality, fit and price point.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
i do wish they would change their name. both baroni and the wizard of aahs. really hard to take either seriously. i feel like laughing, for different reasons, when i read about either. but delighted that they offer a good quality / price ratio. incidentally, here is what i pull up on amazon when i do a search for "brioni suit". a tad less funny than "baroni", if more brazen. http://www.amazon.com/Bianco-Brioni-...1560692&sr=8-1

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel I've read this review before.

cinciesquire

Reaction score
My apologies, you are correct. The suits I purchased were Danielle suits; however, the tags attached to the jacket buttons were Baroni tags. I apologize for the confusion.

For those who feel this is an old review, I understand your skepticism. What can I say, this was just my experience; take it or leave it.

Regards.

cinciesquire

Reaction score
I have no idea as to the genesis of the name Baroni. Frankly, I tend to agree with the previous poster who suggested it was a tacky attempt to mimic Brioni.

The suit speaks for itself in any event, regardless of the silly name (hopefully I'm not impugning the good name of a designer).

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

R-H

Reaction score
I got roped into buying a few of these Baroni suits a few years ago. The 'reviews' on AAAC convinced me.

There is nothing special about these suits, even at that price point.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by R-H
I got roped into buying a few of these Baroni suits a few years ago. The 'reviews' on AAAC convinced me.

There is nothing special about these suits, even at that price point.

What is the basis of your conclusion and what suits are you comparing them to? These suits are definitely better than most of the suits you can pick up at Macy's, Men's Warehouse and Jos A. Bank, and are cheaper too. My impression is that they are better than the lower end Hickey Freeman stuff as well. Sounds like a good alternative to me.

oldseed

Reaction score
i'll just say what's implied but hasn't been outright said. the original poster is probably a lackey for the Wizard of Aahs. He has all of 10 posts to his name. We've seen the exact same review before. The review is a sham. Can we please put an end to this kind of advertising? eesh.

sd

R-H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
What is the basis of your conclusion and what suits are you comparing them to?
I'm comparing them to what I can find here in Canada. I can buy retail Jack Victor suits regularly on sale that are comparable in price to the Baroni models (after taxes and alterations). I can't speak for the U.S. market. Most of the Baroni suits look a bit cheap. The solid coloured suits in particular look Mens Warehousish (the pinstripes models are better, navy and charcoal). The jackets look a bit stiff and the lapels have a non-functioning keyhole lapel hole. The buttons are particularly cheap looking. The armholes are very low and greatly restrict movement. The jackets are particularly boxy. The pants are very wide and require slimming. The Baroni suits are very sack like overall and the alteration costs have been costly (over $100 CDN to get it looking decent). Many of the suits are pleated only. With delivery, exchange rate, alterations etc I'm looking at $400+ Canadian. Even in Canada, I can find a decent alternative for close to that price. On the plus side, the suits hold up pretty well to everyday wear and are fairly wrinkle resistant. I do have one of the Marco Valentino suits in navy which fits much better off the rack, but is so flimsy it feels disposable.

rotv

Reaction score
I'd like to order a suit from them but they don't seem to have a return policy that I saw. I'm scared of ordering one and taking it to the tailor and they tell me it's more trouble than it's worth, I can't return it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads