• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the charcoal denim workshirt and damn, its long. Thinking about giving it a soak to see if it'll shorten up.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I just received the charcoal denim workshirt and damn, its long. Thinking about giving it a soak to see if it'll shorten up.
How about try tucking it in.
stirpot.gif
edit: more seriously, it's probably not going shrink any.

FatMod

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Ashfield due to the amount of pockets but in that Navy Cord it looks amazing. (with belt & collar down)
Originally Posted by adamha21
Don't be afraid to shorten the length - I have done that with all the works shirts that I have owned and it's a simple alteration as it's a single stitched hem. It can be taken up by quite a bit without altering the gusset + to be honest I prefer to take away as much as the deep cut/shape to the hem on the work shirts as imo it looks better.
Originally Posted by JackFrost09
Think that Irving Jacket in the Herringbone is my AW jacket. Looks great. Hope I can fit a shoulder size that has short enough arms.
It's the top piece that I want from the new season - does anyone know if it's a working cuff on the Irving jackets? If not, it should be really easy to shorten the sleeve at cuff. If anyone gets any info on UK stockist of this jacket please feel free to give me a heads up.

Django

Reaction score
Thanks for the link tophat, rugby shirt and glen plaid BD were on the top of my list for shirting.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatMod
It's the top piece that I want from the new season - does anyone know if it's a working cuff on the Irving jackets? If not, it should be really easy to shorten the sleeve at cuff.
From what I recall when I tried it on it is not a working cuff, just buttons.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that blue cord ashfield styled without the belt? I think it almost looks better that way. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of safari inspired pieces.

Peon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
Cheers for the insight Drink.

CityHunter - Called the bike jacket - http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1643

Though again, I can't seem to believe Context's measurements. the XL is a 20.5 Chest? Christ.

Ok so EG used to be a brand that big boys could use...
According to Endclothing EG chambray shirt following sizes are :

L\t17.5\t21\t26.5\t31
XL\t18.5\t23\t28\t33

While the Bike Jackets measurements are the following

M\t17.5\t20\t29\t29
L\t18.5\t20.5\t30\t29

ffffuuuu.gif
what the hell is going on? seriously?!!!? This skinny guy/AIDS sh1...T must stop!how come you dont make that jacket in larger sizes?
ffffuuuu.gif

AGPi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatMod
Don't be afraid to shorten the length - I have done that with all the works shirts that I have owned and it's a simple alteration as it's a single stitched hem. It can be taken up by quite a bit without altering the gusset + to be honest I prefer to take away as much as the deep cut/shape to the hem on the work shirts as imo it looks better.

I've shortened an EG workshirt too. I like it better this way, at least on me.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peon
Ok so EG used to be a brand that big boys could use...
According to Endclothing EG chambray shirt following sizes are :

L\t17.5\t21\t26.5\t31
XL\t18.5\t23\t28\t33

While the Bike Jackets measurements are the following

M\t17.5\t20\t29\t29
L\t18.5\t20.5\t30\t29

ffffuuuu.gif
what the hell is going on? seriously?!!!? This skinny guy/AIDS sh1...T must stop!how come you dont make that jacket in larger sizes?
ffffuuuu.gif

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here either. It's really frustrating though that guys who are by no means fat but have large frames are literally getting left out in the cold in terms of outerwear. If you want slim fitting stuff, go buy BoO...that's what they're there for, but leave the EG outerwear sizing alone.

I'm a 6'1 mesomorphic man, Daiki. I can't shrink my shoulders or chest down to that of a typical Japanese man's. The problem isn't that I'm not doing enough sit-ups or eating poorly like the typical American stereotype, I'm just big. Please understand this and have some sympathy for the larger gents who want to wear quality clothing with some aesthetic to it. Just because some of us are big "rike American foot-ah-bahr prayer" does not mean we all strive to dress like Brett Favre and shop at Wal-Mart.

WWM has been doing this crap too lately and I'm not sure if it was Daiki's doing or not. Maybe now that McNairy is helming the coming seasons that sizing will get a little larger again, but I do know that something has got to change. I have never felt self-conscious about being a 44L in the past but I'm starting to now and there's nothing I can do about it.

Peon

Reaction score
I feel you but this is a clear change... last FW outerwear did not have the same sizing charts no way!!They are trying to target a new range but seriously... what about us
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads