• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yep, need those too. But really - you dont think the grey worked? I thought the grey with the b/w square and the grey/white stripe seersuckers, it flowed nicely (Nii - you see me, not contrasting there?)

Spoo - i agree with the comments about todays fit, particularly the shoes and tie. However since i have commented a few times already on your color coordination issues, i didnt feel it was necessary to pile it on. Like i said the other day, you have all the elements - you just dont put them together very well. I really suggest you check out this color coordination article from Ask Andy: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/C...ordination.htm

Originally Posted by Parker
Mandatory SF bathroom shot:

Mid-brown loafers on the dogs.

dig the colors Parker.

Originally Posted by Big A
Gorge is lower on this one, right? BTW, the "barrel" comment wasn't meant to refer to your weight. I'm thinner than I've ever been, and I still look a bit barrel-like in my higher-gorge stuff. It's a function of lack of waist suppression or some other such victorian artifice and the high buttoning point making the jacket hang like . . . well, like a barrel.

Yeah - i know what you mean ... IMO its the poorest fitting jacket in my wardrobe and your feedback is already consistent with what i know ... so no worries at all. I def appreciated it.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
I know you can't see the whole thing, but this was the most I could muster for today.

This whole combination is fantastic. Well done.

kevinsp8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Man - Im the last one to say someone is wearing too many bright colors... but you are wearing too many bright colors. Kind of like Elton John vomited in a rainbow on LSD. Nevermind the price or cut of the suit, but swap out the PS and shirt for white and white and it would have been OK.

Fair enough. I guess I found the suit so bland I wanted to Juice It Up, plus I like me some crazy colors.

Digging that seafoam tie.

Originally Posted by Big A
THE ANTI MULTIPLE EJACULATIONS ON A SINGLE RECIPIENT EDITION

The suit is the least of your worries.

I'm not sure yellow and lime green are in your color "season" if you know what I mean. In other words, they make your light-ish skin seem a bit sickly.

Also good to know. Maybe I should have my colors done.

What's the South Park reference? (forgot to quote that comment).

Here's today.

wayw001crop.jpg

Bravo340

Reaction score
Yesterday.

I know there's obvious fit issues like waist, sleeve length (actually, the shirt sleeves are too short), and shoulders.

How about the combination? The suit is a dark navy. Any input is welcome.

fd6f5b1b.jpg

4692b4f7.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
I know you can't see the whole thing, but this was the most I could muster for today.

Another great tie. Subtle. Liking the peak lapels.

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Mandatory SF bathroom shot:

shwr.jpg

Mid-brown loafers on the dogs.

I like this jacket a lot - looks like the classic BB/Press lapel roll - but I'm a bit thrown by the besom pockets. Can you tell us why you chose the besom pockets? "Sleeker" look? Just wanted something different?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gah
100811-1.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
wayw001crop.jpg

the cut/fit of that seersucker is great. well played.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Gah
100811-1.jpg

masterfully done PG!!

Originally Posted by gregaz

beautiful scenery G. where is this?

Originally Posted by oroy38
Haven't posted a look in a while. Figure a conservative one is a safe bet (I hope).

Feedback, as always, is very much appreciated.

Obviously the cuffs can be fixed easily. the lighting is poor so its hard to tell, but the jacket doesnt look great on you. See the fit on kevin's jacket above ... shoulders, waist, chest etc all dont fit/look right. The pants could also do with a little tapering ... you are smaller and so the full pants makes it seem like you are swimming in them.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
]

Beautiful. The one thing that captures my eye is the stitching on the pocket square pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads