• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I take it that people who are ordering the Trucker jacket are familiar with just how incredibly tin-like Filson's tin cloth is? I mention this as my tin Packer coat is starting to break in after almost ten years of being used for serious heavy-duty workwear, and my guess is that while his jacket looks uber-cool, it'll be pretty unwearable as a casual jacket. Just thought I'd mention this unless ppl buy this thinking it'll have drape and be comfortable!

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedydon
BTW, I take it that people who are ordering the Trucker jacket are familiar with just how incredibly tin-like Filson's tin cloth is? I mention this as my tin Packer coat is starting to break in after almost ten years of being used for serious heavy-duty workwear, and my guess is that while his jacket looks uber-cool, it'll be pretty unwearable as a casual jacket. Just thought I'd mention this unless ppl buy this thinking it'll have drape and be comfortable!
I sure hope it's heavy duty because I plan on wearing the **** out of it. My concern was that it wouldn't be tough enough since the fabric is only 8.5oz.

I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of the fit and fabric of the jacket, with a photo of some worn in tin cloth:
http://mistermort.typepad.com/mister...-on-aylin.html

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
I sure hope it's heavy duty because I plan on wearing the **** out of it. My concern was that it wouldn't be tough enough since the fabric is only 8.5oz. I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of the fit and fabric of the jacket, with a photo of some worn in tin cloth: http://mistermort.typepad.com/mister...-on-aylin.html
Same here. I also hope the fabric is as wind-resistant as the description claims. If so, I can wear this throughout the winter. Also, the fabric is 12.5 oz. as per the Filson description. Oil Finish Trucker Jacket Style Number 10502 $188.00 Features Abrasion and wind resistant. Soft brushed moleskin collar and cuffs. 6 metal rivet button front closure. Adjustable metal rivet button cuffs. Adjustable side waist tabs. Fabric Made from 12.5-oz. 100% cotton oil finish Tin Cloth. Sizes S, M, L, XL Care Do not wash or dry clean. Clean spots on surface with a damp cloth. Use stiff brush to clean away loose surface soil or dirt. Country Of Origin United States http://www.filson.com/product/prodpo...ductId=4190861

PeterParker

Reaction score
Interesting. I was going by what was in their catalog booklet.
front0006.jpg

Rompson

Reaction score
Also looks like the jacket in the catalog has a red tab whereas the actual jacket has a white Levis tab.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on a L today in-store and it felt like a "typical" M to me. Didn't get a chance to try a XL.

wsblend

Reaction score
I could've sworn I saw someone wearing the Type III the other day in Berkeley. It really caught my eye b/c it was so novel and I liked it instantly.

And now I see it's sold out
frown.gif

Django

Reaction score
My stuff shipped so it looks like we don't have to worry about them pulling some "order canceled" **** for people who used the coupon codes.

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
saw the jacket in-store today and it definitely fits small. I usually wear small or XS, and the small was too tight across the chest and too short on the arms. Fabric felt very dourable, although not particularly comfortable as a result.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got ship confirmation on my shirt tonight, looking forward to checking this one out when it arrives. Hope the fit is ok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads