• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

fartek

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm just wondering if you could help me find these trainers. (the word "these" is a link). It must be an europe based website, since I don't want to pay high customs. My all star size is 10,5 and my adidas trainers are also 10,5 so I guess these should be 10,5 as well (or 11). The website that I've given you the link to seems great, they have a nice price for the shoe, the colour I want but size 10 is what bothers me... I'm afraid they will be too tight. Hope that someone can help. Thanks
smile.gif
edit: the sizes I'm talking about are UK sizes

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fartek
Hey everyone.
I'm just wondering if you could help me find these trainers. (the word "these" is a link). It must be an europe based website, since I don't want to pay high customs.
My all star size is 10,5 and my adidas trainers are also 10,5 so I guess these should be 10,5 as well (or 11). The website that I've given you the link to seems great, they have a nice price for the shoe, the colour I want but size 10 is what bothers me... I'm afraid they will be too tight.
Hope that someone can help.
Thanks
smile.gif

edit:
the sizes I'm talking about are UK sizes

Probably better off asking in the Streetwear & Demin Forum. This one is for dressier clothes.

Gagno905

Reaction score
These are Seavees, in Buck Ivory.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...&c=SeaVees&d=b

Originally Posted by Doot
Eh. I'm really sorry I have to pull this out on a nice forum such as this, but I deemed it necessary to take such heinous action. I know, one's first post should never, ever be in a thread that is fueled by questions or meaningful discussion from inquisitive forum members whose membership has existed for an acceptable amount of time. But desperate times call for desperate measures. And if this initial post is akin to "illegal" action on these chic boards, then I suppose I'll take the appropriate punishment.

All formalities aside, I now commence with my "question" (of sorts).

In short, I found an image; within this image was contained a pair of shoes that seemed to be the essence of a casual-appearing, serious-acting desert boot.

Behold, said image and said pair of shoes:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8M1AOlRglSI/S9...jpg?imgmax=400

What brand, and what model, is this?

So there they are. I don't believe they are Clarks Originals, as Google Shopping did not indicate so. I'm very intrigued by this mysterious boot, and if I can find more images, then I will be sure to edit this post to add these images.

It appears the image was not represented, in this post, in the fashion I would have desired it to be. Oh well, the link works just as well. Apologies.

fartek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Probably better off asking in the Streetwear & Demin Forum. This one is for dressier clothes.

Even though I dared to do such a thing and asked here, could you please help me anyway?
I will also post this in the forum you suggested (thank you for that), but it can't hurt if it's also here right? If it's against the rules then a mod should delete it.

Thanks again for the responce

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fartek
Even though I dared to do such a thing and asked here, could you please help me anyway?
I will also post this in the forum you suggested (thank you for that), but it can't hurt if it's also here right? If it's against the rules then a mod should delete it.

Thanks again for the responce

Not that it is illegal, it is just that most people don't wear fashion-forward sneakers that look at this forum.

jhva3

Reaction score
Girlfriend has a white Tods wallet. It had what looked like a stain. She asked me to clean it, so I applied lexol to it and it seemed to get worse. It appears that it is not a stain, but rather that the dye is coming off the leather. Is this fixable or should I buy her a new wallet?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhva3
Girlfriend has a white Tods wallet. It had what looked like a stain. She asked me to clean it, so I applied lexol to it and it seemed to get worse. It appears that it is not a stain, but rather that the dye is coming off the leather. Is this fixable or should I buy her a new wallet?

If you really want you could try some things first before buying her a new wallet. Is it corrected grain, or patent leather? If not, get meltonian color preparer and wrap a cloth around a finger or two and rub the hell out of the finish and take off the finish with the color preparer. I would do the whole thing so it is more even. From there use Fiebing's White Leather dye. Put on a thin coat, let it dry then rub it hard to remove the excess that didn't take. Do that about 3 more times. Then use Meltonian white shoe cream (white, not neutral) and buff. Do that about 5 more times. If this doesn't look decent buy her a new one. Or if you don't want to be bothered with such a process buy her a new one.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I personally like those kind of jackets, but it's just a personal preference.

Thanks for the reply PB. I am going to stop by today and try it on. If the fit is good I will pull the trigger.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Armani blazer
Brioni pocket-square
Bergdorf shirt
DG pant
DeVecchi belt
Armani socks
testoni penny loafers
DV cologne
Piaget watch

haha. wrong thread kb. the WAYWRN thread wasn't at the top this time.
facepalm.gif

was385

Reaction score
First time poster here and new to this whole thing really as I'm in college and only beginning to really find my style. I was just handed down a light gray Dior suit (with very light blue and pink pinstripes) and picked up a pastel purple shirt to go with it from Hugo Boss the other day (very similar to this color http://bananarepublic.gap.com/Asset_...?redirect=true ) and now I'm looking for a tie to round it out. Problem is I really don't know where to start and I was wondering if some of you had suggestions for patterns, colors, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads