• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
So how about these torrential downpours. I feel like I'm living in Vancouver.
cloud.gif

Anyone down for a sugarbowl meet up?

Speaking of torrential - a little girl in our clinic yesterday was terrified because she had heard it was raining tarantulas. I'm not really a "awww that's cute" kind of guy, but this girl's face was so serious at the moment, it was priceless.

I'm up for a Sugarbowl meet anytime. Summer is obviously more hit-and-miss in terms of timing for me, but the idea is definitely a good one in my eyes.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Speaking of torrential - a little girl in our clinic yesterday was terrified because she had heard it was raining tarantulas. I'm not really a "awww that's cute" kind of guy, but this girl's face was so serious at the moment, it was priceless.

ha, that actually is really cute. after reading this i ended up talking about "torrential downpours" with a co-worker and had to bite my tongue from making a tarantula comment. i somehow don't think it'd be as cute.

i'd be up for a meet-up as well, though only if me being a girl wouldn't a) be intrusive, or b) be annoying. i'd understand either way.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm up for a Sugarbowl meet anytime. Summer is obviously more hit-and-miss in terms of timing for me, but the idea is definitely a good one in my eyes.

Okay cool. I'm out of town pretty much all of July but maybe something in August could work out.

Originally Posted by tomgirl
i'd be up for a meet-up as well, though only if me being a girl wouldn't a) be intrusive, or b) be annoying. i'd understand either way.

You're definitely welcome!

imschatz

Reaction score
Moving to Edmonton in a few weeks.

Anything I should do quickly while I still feel like a tourist? ie: Thing's tourist like but locals think are lame.

Also, missed the talk on a meet-up .. did that ever happen?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An early-to-mid September meet-up (or very late August) would make the most sense. The weather should be good enough for a few outdoor drinks and the odds of everyone being back in town would be maximized.

Assuming we'll have at least one lady there I'm going to suggest that the significant others come along as well. I'm sure mine will resist, but it'd be good for her to meet some new folk too, so I'll apply the pressure.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm from Edmonton too and finally found this thread.

It's nice to see other Style Forum members from around here!

I'd totally be down for a meet-up sometime; I think that'd be rad.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in Edmonton enough that I might be able to make a weekday meet-up. Maybe some place like 100?

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I am in Edmonton enough that I might be able to make a weekday meet-up. Maybe some place like 100?

I don't become an Edmontonian until the end of August .. but after that I'd be up for anything.

Any football fans in Edmonton? I know the Eskimo's suck and all, but Riders @ Esks on August 28th should be a riot.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
I don't become an Edmontonian until the end of August .. but after that I'd be up for anything.

Any football fans in Edmonton? I know the Eskimo's suck and all, but Riders @ Esks on August 28th should be a riot.

I'll be there - wearing my (light/kelly) green!

(You're coming from Regina I assume for school? I'm here from Saskatoon for "school" for another 2 years.)

imschatz

Reaction score
I'll be there - wearing my (light/kelly) green!

(You're coming from Regina I assume for school? I'm here from Saskatoon for "school" for another 2 years.)

Yes .. will be going to UofA, making the drive up this weekend to find a place. Will be hard giving up my season tickets for half a season or more .. but oh well. I've contemplated making the drive a couple times, hopefully for one of the Stamps @ Riders games, and definitely for a home-playoff game if (when) we have one.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, my family has had season tickets for about 25 years now - since I was born. I, like you, am a "real" fan. I haven't seen the Riders at Commonwealth (yet), but I don't think it would compare to seeing them at McMahon.

Anyway, keep in touch and at the least we'll hit the links or something in September - that is, if the meet-up doesn't get forgotten.

imschatz

Reaction score
Heh, my family has had season tickets for about 25 years now - since I was born. I, like you, am a "real" fan. I haven't seen the Riders at Commonwealth (yet), but I don't think it would compare to seeing them at McMahon.

Anyway, keep in touch and at the least we'll hit the links or something in September - that is, if the meet-up doesn't get forgotten.

Eh .. I'm hoping to find a group of ex-pats to watch the games with. Going to UofA for grad school, so will spend the vast majority of my free time studying .. but fully intend to take 4 hrs a week off to watch the games.

I haven't been to commonwealth in 7-8 years. Last time I was there I was with my family, I was 17 and some drunk **** took a swing at me on my way out of the stadium. He was then **** kicked by the group of Rams (don't think they were the U of R Rams yet) football players I was at the game with with his girlfriend screaming "Someone call security they're going to kill him". Pretty sure he lived, but was pretty scary for a minute.

I just got back from Montreal (****** loss, but that is a cool city), and was at the Grey Cup 2007. So, that leaves Hamilton/BC as the only places I haven't been.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
I am based in Edmonton as well. Worked in tailoring in Edmonton for 5 years, so if anyone has any questions about tailors etc. or wants an opinion just PM me.

MK

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Oh, and as for an Edmonton Meet Up, I'll start setting one up. Everyone send me a PM who is interested please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads