• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amnesiac

Reaction score
I finally found some pictures of the gingham multicolor tie in action courtesy of fb. Bit boring context but the colors are done justice and nothing but compliments about the tie. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything with the shoes too. They're very well worn brown florsheim imperial longwings (ebay special).
ging1.jpg
ging2.jpg
My girlfriend got me the tie for my birthday and I cannot thank Epaulet enough for your impressive service even on such a small item. The handwritten note was a very nice touch that says a lot about how you run your business and who you are and she still talks about that when she sees the tie.

Bananimus

Reaction score
That tie looks great. I can't wait to see what Epaulet cooks up this fall/winter.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nearly everyone I talked to at this party last night asked to try on my Rudie hat. Unfortunately, all the beezies that did so are already spoken for. People are calling me Jason Mraz now, though. You take the good with the bad.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Nearly everyone I talked to at this party last night asked to try on my Rudie hat. Unfortunately, all the beezies that did so are already spoken for. People are calling me Jason Mraz now, though. You take the good with the bad.

"Spoken for"? My wife was "spoken for" once. You're a rock star.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
club collars are cool, but what neckwear (if any) goes best with them? any ideas or photos appreciated!

samsterdam

Reaction score
Just showing off my shirt from the last EpauletxSF double-faced collab:

IMG_0925.jpg

Can't wait for the next one!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
I finally found some pictures of the gingham multicolor tie in action courtesy of fb. Bit boring context but the colors are done justice and nothing but compliments about the tie. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything with the shoes too. They're very well worn brown florsheim imperial longwings (ebay special).

My girlfriend got me the tie for my birthday and I cannot thank Epaulet enough for your impressive service even on such a small item. The handwritten note was a very nice touch that says a lot about how you run your business and who you are and she still talks about that when she sees the tie.

Hey, thanks so much for your order and for posting the pic! We really appreciate it and it was our pleasure.

Originally Posted by APK

It takes a steezy man to rock a Shantung fedora. Keep bringing the pain - it will pay off soon!

Originally Posted by MiniW
club collars are cool, but what neckwear (if any) goes best with them? any ideas or photos appreciated!

Well, for these Gitman Vintage shirts, I'd say that the bigger issue is matching neckwear to the fabric rather than the collar. Pretty much any normal necktie or bowtie - outside of crazy skinny ties or huge Brioni-style ones - will work fine with the collar. But as the fabric is casual and textured, I'd stay away from any silk ties that look too formal. Wool, cotton flannel, and chambray can look great with these. Silk ties with a really thick twill - like the Mark McNairy ties or the really preppy Brooks Brothers Repp stripes would work too. And as tigerForumla suggested, a silk or cotton knit tie would be an excellent choice for these shirts.

Originally Posted by samsterdam
Just showing off my shirt from the last EpauletxSF double-faced collab:

Can't wait for the next one!

Thanks for the pic - the shirt's a great fit on you! I dig that watch too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Adele & I are heading out on vacation this afternoon. The store will be closed until Thursday the 19th. Our online site is still accepting orders, but we'll ship them all when we return. I'm still online every day, so please feel free to e-mail or PM me at any time.

We're going to San Juan, Puerto Rico! I booked a ride on a Reggaeton cruise. I'll report back on how it goes.

And get ready when we return. There is so much good stuff coming in the next 6 weeks, it's totally insane.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Quick note regarding Mike's holiday and his amazing service. I wanted to purchase a pair of EP's denim but I saw on the site that they were on holidays. I needed them before I take off for 3 months and if they shipped on the 19th it wouldn't have been in time. So I pm'd Mike to see what he could do. Not only did he ship them for me this morning, he upgraded me to express shipping so I would get them in time!! Amazing. Give this man your money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads