• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry to hear that Robbie

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow. sorry bout your friend, robbie.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
One of my very best friends' brother was in a car accident, and died.
Sorry to hear this.
frown.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, robbie.

Anyway... I just found out my mother has spent part of her summer sleeping in a tent on our property which still hasn't sold (which she rented out at times). This was after her ***** sisters conspired to have her kicked out of her parents' house. Now she's coming to stay with me for the next week... So thrilled...

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at a funeral for my aunt yesterday.

Men aged 20-30 wore skinny lapel charcoal/navy suits - lots of pinstsripes (why I have no idea), narrow 2.5-2.75" ties and dark/black heavy plastic rimmed glasses. I almost thought I walked on to a set of Mad Men. All that was missing was a fedora.

On the other hand, men into their 40s and above wore mismatched jacket and trousers, some with or without tie. One bloke wore a baseball cap. And one chap who looked to be under 18 wore a black shirt with a silver tie; almost thought he was at a wedding.

Men in their 70s and above who dressed wore DBs or SBs with 4"+ lapels from the 1970s.

Ahh consumer fashion - how you toy with our minds.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
procured probably the best birthday gift ever for the girl ive been seeing.

so clutch..

totally posted this in the wrong thread

but

this morning one of my dogs had to be put to sleep. she was 17 and had a good life, but still really sad

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the dog. Pets add to our lives.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend with some in-laws.

Check out the "Funny Stories About In-Laws" threak for details.
frown.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Sorry, robbie.

Anyway... I just found out my mother has spent part of her summer sleeping in a tent on our property which still hasn't sold (which she rented out at times). This was after her ***** sisters conspired to have her kicked out of her parents' house. Now she's coming to stay with me for the next week... So thrilled...

ouch. hope your aunts get what they deserve.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
this morning one of my dogs had to be put to sleep. she was 17 and had a good life, but still really sad
17 is a lot of years for a dog, but nonetheless I'm sorry to hear this and am glad the dog had a good life.
frown.gif

utexas2010

Reaction score
Ignorant people I keep running into...basically witnessed three middle easterners get harassed yesterday...made me sick

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I put a hiking pack on Craigslist. I never really use Craigslist to buy stuff, so I was browsing ads for the first time. The amount of crap people sell and the amount of money they want for that crap is insane. Who are these people? Somebody wants $500 for a Sony 32" tv from about 1997 that they "paid $700 for. works like new." Ugh...

The most common items on my CL for sale area is Dale Earnhardt memorabilia or random Michael Jackson albums that people think are worth something all of a sudden. And anytime you see "brand name clothing" or "designer" it's mall brand stuff. Most of the clothes are in fat ass size anyways.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On Tuesday I'm going on assignment to Singapore for the rest of the month. I'm not excited about it at all and I don't want to go. I mean when I say I don't want to go that I really don't want to go. I don't want to be so far away for so long from my friends, I'm nervous as **** about the assignment, there's personal stuff here that I haven't worked out and I'm upset about that, and there are some other things as well. I woke up today and kind of considered running away. The thing that really pisses me off too is that I thought I was leaving Wednesday but obviously I'm not. I've been trying to spend as much time with my friends here before I go and that one extra night was going to be just what I needed.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by utexas2010
Ignorant people I keep running into...basically witnessed three middle easterners get harassed yesterday...made me sick

Javyn, is that you?
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads