• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baseball caps getting crumpled on the right side

lokman

Reaction score
Hello folks!

First of all - I'm new here so if I do something wrong - please be gentle!
smile.gif

My problem is that all my baseball caps are getting crumpled on their right side so I thought I'd ask if someone has run into the same problem or has any idea why that might be happening as Google didn't return any useful results.

My head as far as I can tell looks perfectly round, my haircut is pretty short (7mm) so I really don't see why would the caps get crumpled and especially always on the right side.

When I try them on in the store they look just fine. After I wear them a couple of times they get crumpled. It's either something to do with my head's size or the way I store the hats (I just put them on the shelf).

Thanks!

lokman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
What do you mean crumpled? Do you mean wrinkled? Or is it literally caving in whilst you wear it?

It's more of a caving, yes.

Rada

Reaction score
how high are you wearing the hats? do you mean like Joe Torre crumpled?
joe-torre-dodgers1.jpg
joe-torre-manny-ramirez.jpg

lokman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
how high are you wearing the hats? do you mean like Joe Torre crumpled?
joe-torre-dodgers1.jpg
joe-torre-manny-ramirez.jpg

Yes, the same thing, only it's more on the front-right side rather than on the center-right side like this guy... I'm wearing it just above my ears - not the tip of them but where they're attached to my head. I can feel there's no more than 2-3 millimeters between the hat and my scull at the front left side which sits perfectly.

pandamonium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lokman
Yes, the same thing, only it's more on the front-right side rather than on the center-right side like this guy...

I'm wearing it just above my ears. I can feel there's no more than 2-3 millimeters between the hat and my scull at the front left side which sits perfectly.

It could be the construction: it wouldn't be out of this world to think that a baseball cap has some sections that are either not symmetrical, poorly sewn, misaligned, etc. Does this happen with all your caps or just one in particular?

Rada

Reaction score
if this is all your caps then I don't know what to tell you... it must just be your head. If it's just a few of them then it could be the quality. Are you buying legit, fitted New Era 59FIFTY caps?

Do you take out that cardboard insert that goes in the hat? if so I'd just leave it in unless you really crease the bill

lokman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
It could be the construction: it wouldn't be out of this world to think that a baseball cap has some sections that are either not symmetrical, poorly sewn, misaligned, etc. Does this happen with all your caps or just one in particular?

All caps yes. I have one that is made of softer and thinner material and it doesn't get caved, rather wrinkled... but again on the front-right side.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
do you tilt your cap to the right?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Try a pith helmet instead. Harder shell than the sock that you inhabit.

- B

lokman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
do you tilt your cap to the right?
Nope - I wear it straight.

Originally Posted by jackgibbs
have you tried sizing up?
No - but then I'm a pretty small guy so it never occurred that I might have a big head and those hats all says "one size fits most/all".

Thanks for the input folks - I really appreciate it. Guess I'll just keep buying hats and maybe I'll find out what the problem is
smile.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you come home bent and fall asleep with them on???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads