• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boycott Red Wings?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2vjwuc0.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Who gives a ****?

+1

The PAC is 'Minnesota Forward', unfortunately this PAC has minor ties to this candidate.

This PAC is out ot create jobs for Minnesota, that bigomist candidate happens to want jobs for Minnesota too.

Its all a terrible misunderstanding.

These companies donated money. Target donates something like 3 million a week to various causes around the country.

Target was involved, Target actively supports both minorities and GLBT. This contribution was somewhat small (100k) considering it was to create jobs state wide.

I can't see a company like redwing, with the history and integrity intentionally supporting this candidate.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
I find it hilarious that people wont buy something just because the company donates money to some thing they don't agree with. Pure stupidity.
Um, essentially if it is your money, to some degree, that is being re-allocated to supporting something you strongly disagree with, you are unwittingly sponsoring that thing yourself. I can understand wanting to prevent that from happening.

Cashmoney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I knew there was a reason i hated Red Wings.

for me, red wing just gave me another reason to hate their company.

am kinda surprised best buy and target also donated.

Cashmoney

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that people wont buy something just because the company donates money to some thing they don't agree with. Pure stupidity.

pure stupidity? why?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Um, essentially if it is your money, to some degree, that is being re-allocated to supporting something you strongly disagree with, you are unwittingly sponsoring that thing yourself. I can understand wanting to prevent that from happening.

If I boycotted all the clothing brand's just because I don't agree with there political leanings chances are I would be naked.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I boycotted all the clothing brand's just because I don't agree with there political leanings chances are I would be naked.

I'm all about conscientious consumption, and I totally agree (except for the superfluous apostrophe).

It's hard enough to find good stuff without worrying about the political affiliations of people who manage the company money. Most of the clothing brands who concern themselves overmuch with politics or sustainability make technical outerwear and graphic ts, and I don't need any of that.

Maybe we should boycott Red Wings because they are ugly and played out instead, then everyone wins.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I boycott Red Wings due to unsafe sexual practices. No reason at all to perform cunnilingus on a woman when she is on her period. That's just nasty.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Summary of assumptions:
  1. Blue collar workers buying boots for work make up most of Red Wing's revenue
  2. Blue collar workers hate ****
  3. Blue collar workers hate Mexicans

What on earth does any of this have to do with hate?

FYI, the majority of Americans oppose gay marriage, abortion and support Arizona's right to enforce the law. Good on them. But I guess this doesn't matter when you're striking poses on the internet, trying to look all hip and 'progressive'.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Maybe we should boycott Red Wings because they are ugly and played out instead, then everyone wins.

This

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I boycott Red Wings due to unsafe sexual practices. No reason at all to perform cunnilingus on a woman when she is on her period. That's just nasty.

Hahahahaha YES!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads