• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Italian Cut
Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.
Honestly, I think shaking ruins the drink. There is something incredible about the viscous, spiritous clarity of a stirred, all-spirits drink. ~H EDIT: Last Word here. 1.5:1.5:1.5:1.5

Esa

Reaction score
Blue Moon Belgian White with a big slice of orange in a chilled glass - my summer brew

Italian Cut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Honestly, I think shaking ruins the drink. There is something incredible about the viscous, spiritous clarity of a stirred, all-spirits drink.

I was mostly drinking it because I didnt have any gin or roses, wanted a gimlet, but thought a vokda martini would do in a pinch. And I like using my shaker
laugh.gif

duofold

Reaction score
Last night, Mexican Fanta (sugar vs. cs) from Sam's Club (national free weekend/no 10% surcharge).

Stagg a little later while watching The Ghost Writer.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Italian Cut
I was mostly drinking it because I didnt have any gin or roses, wanted a gimlet, but thought a vokda martini would do in a pinch. And I like using my shaker
laugh.gif

There's a great episode on gin martinis on the Thirsty Traveler which shows the difference between shaken and stirred.

I'm having a white russian - although I don't want to have a coronary so I did 2% milk which I'm sure makes the drink easier to go down and less of a sipping one.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rogue Brewery's Pub in SF yesterday... got the chipotle ale. It's like drinking a big glass of mild chipotle, which is good if I was eating Mexican food, not so good if all I wanted was something to drink.
laugh.gif

39908_694970276833_216316_38488247_306806_n.jpg

My buddy's friend got their Shark Week special -- "The Chum Bloody Mary"
ffffuuuu.gif

39908_694970271843_216316_38488246_1969160_n.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
uhoh.gif

those two drinks remind me of your Burger Bar experience. Not as terrible..... but not far behind.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
uhoh.gif

those two drinks remind me of your Burger Bar experience. Not as terrible..... but not far behind.

I like to mix it up... good meals/drinks and really bad ones; it keeps me angry.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Rogue Brewery's Pub in SF yesterday... got the chipotle ale. It's like drinking a big glass of mild chipotle, which is good if I was eating Mexican food, not so good if all I wanted was something to drink.
laugh.gif

39908_694970276833_216316_38488247_306806_n.jpg

My buddy's friend got their Shark Week special -- "The Chum Bloody Mary"
ffffuuuu.gif

39908_694970271843_216316_38488246_1969160_n.jpg

Haha, I told you it was odd, but worth a try. I didn't say it was good tough!

That Shark Week on the other hand...ugh
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Haha, I told you it was odd, but worth a try. I didn't say it was good tough! That Shark Week on the other hand...ugh
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Definitely worth a try, but definitely not worth another try.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
How the **** do a prawn and a pickle represent shark week anyway?
Seriously, I don't even know why they had posters up talking about Shark Week viewing and why all the TVs in the place were set to Shark Week. I guess Rogue has some marketing deal with the channel? What made it "chum" was they blended in beets to give it more texture, but that still fails to answer the shrimp and pickle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads