• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever buy two pairs of the same shoes?

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have two pairs of brown RLPL Whittakers from Bluefly. I bought a pair at full price right before their 20% sale on shoes, then bought another pair when the sale hit, with the intention of returning the pair I had paid full price for.

Trouble is, I like the shoes so much I don't want to return them--I want a spare.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely -- several times over. Good shoes are good shoes.

Zubberah

Reaction score
Absolutely -- several times over.  Good shoes are good shoes.
Ditto - I have four pairs of one of my faves and lots of doubles of others.

Tilyou

Reaction score
Another excuse for doubles is your faves could disappear.

My ankle boot compulsion started with Alden cordovan style 4060. Unfortunately I couldn't find with speed laces, but now I can't find them anywhere -- so I'm glad I got two pairs. My second pair is width "D" (not my usual "E") which turned out to be lucky -- they're snug, but cordovan is stretchy, and for the long haul the "D" will feel great longer.

Til

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had - I bought a pair of Cole-Haan Waverlys - waterproof chukkas that were the perforect wet-weather casual shoe - and as soon as I realized I was going to want another pair, they took them off the market.

Originally Posted by retronotmetro
I currently have two pairs of brown RLPL Whittakers from Bluefly. I bought a pair at full price right before their 20% sale on shoes, then bought another pair when the sale hit, with the intention of returning the pair I had paid full price for.

Trouble is, I like the shoes so much I don't want to return them--I want a spare.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Yes, I do it all the time. And not only with shoes: Double trousers, double shirts, double ties et cetera. It´s starting to be a bad habit. And an expensive one.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm with the others. Nearly every shirt, pant, or shoe that I like gets discontinued, so by now I always try to get more than one (assuming the price is right).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I often buy shoes I really like in both black and brown.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any duplicates. There are too many shoes out there that I want already, Im not gonna waste time getting the exact same style and color. Different colors, yes, but not the same color

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I don't have any duplicates. There are too many shoes out there that I want already, Im not gonna waste time getting the exact same style and color. Different colors, yes, but not the same color

I'm on this chuckwagon

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
my system for socks. i buy a dozen pair all the same. if one sock gets a hole i dont toss the pair theres plenty more to match. on plain black work socks ive been known to buy two or three more of the same ones when the count gets low.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where's Ken Pollock when we need him?

I don't have any duplicates, but I'm starting to think I need to change that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads