• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official "Designer" discussion thread

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Bumping this up

What's on the FW10 kop lists?

Wasn't too happy about S/S2010. Only grabbed 4 things...

Jil F/W has some pretty good stuff.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just to hopefully spark some discussion, if you had to pick who would you pick, Dior Homme or Jil Sander?

When it comes to jeans, Dior seems to got it on lock, probably sneakers too since I do not see much from Jil Sander in that department. Everything else is up in the air.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Rick Owens tops makes you want to work out and not have any body fat. Also it seems like RO is harder to incorporate into cheaper outfits and should be worn with more RO.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^all part of the scam

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Just to hopefully spark some discussion, if you had to pick who would you pick, Dior Homme or Jil Sander? When it comes to jeans, Dior seems to got it on lock, probably sneakers too since I do not see much from Jil Sander in that department. Everything else is up in the air.
Slimane-era Dior. Jil has knits on lock, but Raf doesn't really do as much experimental/conceptual designer stuff (nor does KVA, for that matter) and I don't know much about pre-Raf Jil

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be more than satisfied with having a completely Jil Sander wardrobe, with the exception of footwear.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil Sander by Jil Sander, easily.

a better question,

if you could revive one label that died in the last few years, which would it be...

I few months ago it would have been Helmut easily, but I think I would rather have Veronique back. Feel somewhat traitorous saying that.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
I'd be more than satisfied with having a completely Jil Sander wardrobe, with the exception of footwear.

yes except I can't find a jil leather that is right for me

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
yes except I can't find a jil leather that is right for me
I actually like some of the Jil Sander leather jackets, especially the one NN has ( I think it was Jil Sander, could be Dior though). I was actually hoping to find these in a size 36 this past season.
5bb9qv.jpg
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Makes some nice, simple dress shoes but then again so does Dior. It's like their shoes are made by the same company even.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think nn had the dior 4 pocket

I want me some Raf SS02 & 03 stuff.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Jil has knits on lock, but Raf doesn't really do as much experimental/conceptual designer stuff (nor does KVA, for that matter) and I don't know much about pre-Raf Jil

imo KVA SS2010 was pretty conceptual and ******* epic. Wish I had the $$$ to buy a complete outfit or two just for fun.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
Jil Sander by Jil Sander, easily.

a better question,

if you could revive one label that died in the last few years, which would it be...

I few months ago it would have been Helmut easily, but I think I would rather have Veronique back. Feel somewhat traitorous saying that.

She's my favorite, good thing I have quite a bit from her while I was able to.

Jil over dior easily, fw07 was a superlative collection.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this up What's on the FW10 kop lists?
Damn mine is long: MMM Cream Shawl Rib Cardigan Knit MMM Natural Wool Cardigan MMM Natural Wool Crewneck MMM Beige Covered Placket Cardigan MMM French Replica Boots in Charcoal Suede MMM Geometric Print Silk Scarf Guidi Backzips 4-5 Bespoke Shirts - New pattern, covered placket, hidden button down, Thomas Mason Fabrics. Maybe some new MMM lo's if I can find a good colourway this season

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also Jil vs Heidi talk, I really like Jil more but Heidi did do ALOT for the early 2000's. I would go with Jil though, even though I don't like Jil shoes (don't like many fashion shoes outside MMM)

The first half of the last decade was amazing for mens clothing. Jil, Raf (Raf's early stuff was amazing, the change from season to season was mindblowing. Way too comfortable these days) DH, Cloak, all great lines.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
She's my favorite, good thing I have quite a bit from her while I was able to.

Yeah, I wish I could time-travel and slap my 20 year old self and buy more of that ****. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics