• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ill-designed things that are pissing you off

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toilets in the same room as pretty much anything else (lots of aerosolized stuff when you flush in the same room as your toothbrush? not a pleasant idea...)

05charley

Reaction score
Envelopes

You sent me a bill with an envelope but the bill stub doesn't fit in the envelope(without pushing mashing and swearing), much less the check without folding it. How much did you save by making the envelope an eighth of an inch smaller? I'll bet you're paying someone more than that to unfold my check. Stupid corporate idiots.

And dumbass websites like XM radio that ask for 2 different passwords. That's right, I can't remember the password I used to give you my credit card 3 years ago. So I can't change the number so you will cancel my account. But not before calling me with a recorded message and a 10 digit phone number that I can't write down cause I just got out of the shower to answer the phone. I'm so surprised that your business is down.

NSGRBO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
It is amazing how often things are designed poorly. One little gripe I have in my Bimmer - It has "automatic" wiper blades that sense the rain and wipe with according frequency. You have to hit a little button on the stalk that comes off the steering column to turn it on, and a light comes on to let you know it's on. But the light is impossible to see through the steering wheel. You have to lean all the way over to peer around the wheel to see it. Far from ideal.
THIS
I can't stand it!!

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few:
1. Good logos that get re-vamped when they should have just been left alone.
2. the many variations of the nipple squirt -bottle -ok for the kids, but stupid with the grownups.
3. almost anything past version 2.0
4. scenery from the interstate through a large swath of America.
5. subdivisions where they bulldoze all the trees but put out a sign advertising sparkling rendering of a finished house with full grown trees around it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
something that pisses me off for some reason is the packaging on any toothbrushes you buy at the store, oral b, whatever.

the packaging is cardboard on the back of it, but it is punched out smaller than the actual toothbrush and bristles, so when you open up the cardboard via the punched part, the tooth brush doesnt come out easily

so you end up having to YANK out the toothbrush in essence smashing the bristles against the cardboard, and whatever it has to touch on the outside of the dirty cardboard where a hundred other people touched with their dirty hands.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Toilets in the same room as pretty much anything else (lots of aerosolized stuff when you flush in the same room as your toothbrush? not a pleasant idea...)

yeah. and what about the design of some homes today? the freakin toilet and shower room is in the same vicinity as your walk in closet.

so you get the aerosol of **** and urine and toilet paper lint inside of your walk in closet goods as well as moisture from the showers.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get off on people complaining intelligently.

KenN

Reaction score
Books that won't stay open. They piss me off tremendously.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Woah...I've never seen one of these. Sounds trippy.

leftorium_400.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bookmarks bar in Safari. Sometimes when my computer gets bogged down, mouse clicks I made to move the browser window get delayed in transmission, and end up accidently dragging bookmarks out of the bookmarks bar. The bookmark disappears in a puff of smoke, forever banished to the land of wind and dust.

KenN

Reaction score
Add Philips screws to the list. They require two hands, they slip, and they damage your tool
ffffuuuu.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Add Philips screws to the list. They require two hands, they slip, and they damage your tool
ffffuuuu.gif

You're using the wrong bit if this is happening. They should prove a more secure grip than a flathead.

KenN

Reaction score
But not as good as a Robertson screw

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i concur.

Originally Posted by tagutcow
The bookmarks bar in Safari. Sometimes when my computer gets bogged down, mouse clicks I made to move the browser window get delayed in transmission, and end up accidently dragging bookmarks out of the bookmarks bar. The bookmark disappears in a puff of smoke, forever banished to the land of wind and dust.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads