• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by freewilliee
do the stores carry blazers in short? or only regular
I saw them in short in stores.
FYI, I'm in chicago area.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have you guys looking for coupons tried calling JCrew and asking for one? A little fib about you loosing your catalog with the code on the back might not hurt either.

TryHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Have you guys looking for coupons tried calling JCrew and asking for one? A little fib about you loosing your catalog with the code on the back might not hurt either.

Just get one off of ebay. Coupon expires in a few days, so it will get pretty cheap.

Our tax free weekend starts tomorrow. Planning on purchasing 2-3 pieces.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Hit the Chicago North Ave store today - lotsa new fall stuff. Not much sale to speak of with the exception of LOTS of Sperry CVOs (lace-up and slip-on) and AO boat shoes for between $30 and $50. If you're an 11 as I am and you're in the market, check it out.

I've got a 20% off in-store coupon that expires on August 15 that I'm not going to use...I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow to the best bid sent to my PM by 12 PM EST. Cash or creative trades accepted...(I'm a medium in J.Crew
bigstar[1].gif
).

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Hit the Chicago North Ave store today - lotsa new fall stuff. Not much sale to speak of with the exception of LOTS of Sperry CVOs (lace-up and slip-on) and AO boat shoes for between $30 and $50. If you're an 11 as I am and you're in the market, check it out.

I've got a 20% off in-store coupon that expires on August 15 that I'm not going to use...I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow to the best bid sent to my PM by 12 PM EST. Cash or creative trades accepted...(I'm a medium in J.Crew
bigstar[1].gif
).

Thanks for the heads-up.
I plan to hit that store tomorrow for some discounted shorts. Hope I could dig out something. Finger crossed.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will buy a coupon for $5. Send me a pm if you have one.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also had the same problem with the oilcloth jacket. I tried medium and it fit ALMOST perfect but was a little tight in the shoulders to the point where it would be impossible to layer. The large was way too big. Nice jacket too, I was pissed.

Guus

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why J Crew's Khaki look green under certain lights?

Ippo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
I tried it on the other day.
The medium is too billowy. The small is much better in the waist but too tight in the shoulders. I'm 5'9" 155.

Originally Posted by Fycus
Yeah I also had the same problem with the oilcloth jacket. I tried medium and it fit ALMOST perfect but was a little tight in the shoulders to the point where it would be impossible to layer. The large was way too big. Nice jacket too, I was pissed.

Thanks for your replies. I have similar stats as Johdus, so it'll probably be a bit tight in the shoulders for me as well, damn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics