• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joz411no
Anyone have these wingtip boots in scotch grain from Shoemart? http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html Yes, and I quite like them.
Thanks. Any action pics
smile.gif
Trying to decide on these or getting the brown calf on barrie last (to replace the ones on Leydon last I just sold).

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylenoob718
sorry bit of a noob, what are speed hooks?

do you think they'll go on sale? not in a rush to get them (I have some DBs that are ok) so ya I'd love to get them at least for a little cheaper. I'm just not familiar with jcrew's policy on 3rd party brand items and sales.

edit:: I see the speed hooks now, they were hard to see before and because of that I didn't know what you meant haha

Get a 20% off coupon off ebay. buy shoes.

joz411no

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lagsun
Thanks. Any action pics
smile.gif

Trying to decide on these or getting the brown calf on barrie last (to replace the ones on Leydon last I just sold).

None yet. I'll try to post ASAP. I must warn you though, I have a wider foot and had to order my size in a special make-up through ShoeMart. 10.5EE. I'll try to have them up before the night is through. The only thing that could have made them better is Scotch Grain, color #8 shell.

skrooler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skrooler
Looking at the Alden Chukka on the Barrie last.

If a 11.5 D on the Hampton Last fits me perfectly, would 11 D on Barrie be perfect?

Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Theoretically, yes. I find the barrie to be a true D though, if you're wide in the least bit you're going to have a problem.

Just want to confirm, the 11 D Barrie fits me pretty well. Its a little more snug then the 11.5 D Hampton, but not too snug.

rick

Reaction score
images_eiec_20_20853_20853_EC0325_tif_88450b601ef71881.jpg

thoughts? thinking about getting them. these are the ones made for jcrew.

i have them and love them a must have

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I just cant get over that stitch running all the way back on the boots. ugly.

some kind of stitch or decoration along the heel is a common feature on boots. probably the heel area below the stitch is re-inforced compared to the leather around the ankle, and the boots are going to crease there as they mold to your ankle. maybe you don't like the stitch. that's cool. but it is as daring a style decision as a cap toe. hardly something to call them out on. might as well complain that the boot has a heel or eyelets.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
some kind of stitch or decoration along the heel is a common feature on boots. probably the heel area below the stitch is re-inforced compared to the leather around the ankle, and the boots are going to crease there as they mold to your ankle. maybe you don't like the stitch. that's cool. but it is as daring a style decision as a cap toe. hardly something to call them out on. might as well complain that the boot has a heel or eyelets.
eh, I guess I would just really prefer a stitch around the side, like the broguing in a typical shortwing, or a vertical stitch at the back of the boot. ie
FD-54618H.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Excellent. I asked Tom about these but they were sold out of my size.
frown.gif

Sold out in my size too,they are sold out in all sizes is what I was told,****. I want those.
devil.gif

illumin8em

Reaction score

i have never felt so uncomfortable wearing such comfortable shoes. don't know if i can keep them

9646b648-1.jpg

stylenoob718

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Get a 20% off coupon off ebay. buy shoes.

I think those 20% dont apply to the 3rd party brands right? or is there a special coupon I should look out for?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think those 20% dont apply to the 3rd party brands right? or is there a special coupon I should look out for?

The fine print on them says that they don't apply to 3rd party brands but quite often they do.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by illumin8em

i have never felt so uncomfortable wearing such comfortable shoes. don't know if i can keep them

what does this mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads