• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
What possible rationale would you have for choosing a highly tapered trouser?

You mentioned a couple posts back that these were made by Ambrosi, I believe. I have never heard of Ambrosi outside of this forum, had you? He has produced nothing that looks even halfway decent for anybody here. The non-balanced highly tapered look doesn't flatter anyone (at least pictured here), and it seems obvious at this point he makes no attempt to make clothes that actually fit and complement an individual rather than his template. Either that, or people are printing out pictures of mafoofan and bring them to him. From what I've seen, I'd never use him.

It think the Ambrosi comment was a joke... Plus there are plenty of wonderful examples on the forum so...[/quote]

I have to agree that those trousers he is talking about look terrible on that gentleman. He looks like a pear. Some people just shouldn't wear really slim / highly tapered trousers.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
4863538582_dbf4880718_z.jpg

Tom Ford?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TRINI,please no knit ties and loafers with suits. Also,loafers are meh,I like the RL much more.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn it's hot today.
2ea75cac.jpg

d3420cde.jpg

c22b2625.jpg

Holy Crayola 64-pack Batman!!!

(and it works very well!)
worship.gif

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
I have to disagree. I think the combo works well. I think the TF loafers are dope!
- The Tom Ford (TF) loafers might be 'dope', but IMHO they do not go well with that suit. - Suede brogues might have worked well... but I guess it is up to TRINI himself to decide.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daveec2n
Hi all,

Despite looking around these forums regularly, I'm a dreadful dresser so hope you might be able to give me some pointers...

Have a wedding this weekend for which I want to wear a linen suit (very similar to the one in the picture - its an old one that's too small for me now, but wore it because the other is being laundered)

Anyway, i was trying out a few shirt tie combos hope you could tell me how bad/not so bad they look please? Maybe some pointers too?

I'll be wearing with some brown Russell and Bromely capped shoes with a very thin sole.

I realise im a bit of a mess, I was in a rush to take them! - Please try to be contructive, Thanks!!

j6ld6o.jpg

Aside from the suit in need of a good pressing, nothing is in the "Dreadful" category. The first combo is best for a wedding, the second might be good for the office with a blue or grey suit. Third one is OK, if a bit dull.
2h4wyvq.jpg

2eqcqwx.jpg

Aside from the suit in need of a good pressing, nothing is in the "Dreadful" category. The first combo is best for a wedding, the second might be good for the office with a blue or grey suit. Third one is OK, if a bit dull. Guess what: You will be better dressed that 80% of the guys there.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Joke aside, nice, but I am not sure that the loafers, even if perfectly spit-shined, compliment the suit that well.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian. The loafers aren't actually as spit-shined as they seem. It's just the burnishing at the front.

Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
- +1. Most of your outfits are 'homeruns', but this combination is not working...
- Just saying

Cheers

Originally Posted by ndw
I have to disagree. I think the combo works well. I think the TF loafers are dope!

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Aaron01
Tom Ford?

Yep.

Originally Posted by forex
TRINI,please no knit ties and loafers with suits. Also,loafers are meh,I like the RL much more.

I know knit ties and loafers are against the 'rules' for suits but I wasn't really going for a conservative business dress look. Plus, I was anxious to wear the shoes .

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Italian Cut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
333-4.JPG

I dig the look a lot and I think you can pull it off. It if were me, I would have gone with french cuffs, a narrower collar and a darker brown in those shoes, but all in all, a good look, especially for a jazz club or something. But then, I like double-breasted jackets. Some guys dont. Dunno why. As for this:
76332586.jpg
Excellent suit, first of all. I love three-piece pinstripes. Its all put together very well, I guess I just dont understand the choice in tie but it just adds flavor in the end, so I cant say anything but 'well done"
laugh.gif

ndw

Reaction score

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
Had an extrodinarily casual day due to meeting with music-industry folks who have a severe distrust of anyone wearing a suit. So went urban...
Nice casual look and great to see you posting again... but what colour are those cords actually?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by IST66
8-1-2.jpg

I'd never dare try anything like this - it looks great.

Originally Posted by TRINI
4863538586_5b1bd80cae_z.jpg

Awesome chainmail tie.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads