• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Blood

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I'm so over this show. I tried and tried, but realized that I am in neither the age nor sex demographic that it's made for.

Age and sex have nothing to do with it, your not just interested

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i liked the 1st season, hated the 2nd with a passion, and now i'm getting back into it (as long as sookie's fairy head stays shut from now on)

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Age and sex have nothing to do with it, your not just interested

Keep telling yourself that, Pedro.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Keep telling yourself that, Pedro.

whats wrong with an adult heterosexual male enjoying a story involving fairies, and lots of homoeroticism?

uhoh.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
i liked the 1st season, hated the 2nd with a passion, and now i'm getting back into it (as long as sookie's fairy head stays shut from now on)

+1

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just worked through the first 3 books of the series over the past 3 days and its amazing how much Alan Ball goes away from the story. Especially in the past two seasons.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I just worked through the first 3 books of the series over the past 3 days and its amazing how much Alan Ball goes away from the story. Especially in the past two seasons.

Good way or bad way?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Good way or bad way?
Weird way. Some of the **** they came up with is just way out of left field. A few examples: Lafyette dies at the beginning of book two. Has about 1 page of dialogue in book 1. Tara has about 10 pages in all 3 books combined. Eggs, 1 page. Godric isn't the leader of the Dallas clan, has no ties to Eric, and is a child ******, serial killing bastard. That's why he want's to kill himself. In book two, the maenad has about 10 pages of dialogue, doesn't get named, and goes away only killing the people who murdered Lafyette. NO MENTION OF TARA'S MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Lafyette became too popular with the viewers to write out. I think that's what is controlling the writing as much as anything, what plays well with the viewers. It's not a bad tactic but it can also lead to shark jumping.

Although, that doesn't explain why Tara is around, as everyone seems to want her dead.
confused.gif

Wow, Godric sounds like a nasty piece of work in the book.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's why I didn't read the books. I think a shoot off from the books is fine. Just give Jessica more air time and put it somewhere in her contract to get nekked!

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys...Tara doesn't die in book 4, either.
confused.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
^ Lafyette became too popular with the viewers to write out. I think that's what is controlling the writing as much as anything, what plays well with the viewers. It's not a bad tactic but it can also lead to shark jumping. Although, that doesn't explain why Tara is around, as everyone seems to want her dead.
confused.gif
Wow, Godric sounds like a nasty piece of work in the book.

I know. I was just detailing a few of the differences that I picked up. Godric wasn't really portrayed as being horribly nasty. Just someone who knew he did awful things.
Originally Posted by Mauro
That's why I didn't read the books. I think a shoot off from the books is fine. Just give Jessica more air time and put it somewhere in her contract to get nekked!
Also, no Jessica yet.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another big difference is that Tara in the books is white and is not related to Lafayette. she is a minor character in the books and could be one in the show too. write her off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads