• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
8-1-2.jpg

Navy/white always looks great. Nicely done.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn it's hot today.
c22b2625.jpg

As much as I love the colors of our team (you are a Met fan I hope) I think a bolder contrast is needed with that shirt and suit, much like you did with the square. Your suits fit great though, whats your primary go to brand?

I'mma spend the day in the pool...

daveec2n

Reaction score
Hi all,

Despite looking around these forums regularly, I'm a dreadful dresser so hope you might be able to give me some pointers...

Have a wedding this weekend for which I want to wear a linen suit (very similar to the one in the picture - its an old one that's too small for me now, but wore it because the other is being laundered)

Anyway, i was trying out a few shirt tie combos hope you could tell me how bad/not so bad they look please? Maybe some pointers too?

I'll be wearing with some brown Russell and Bromely capped shoes with a very thin sole.

I realise im a bit of a mess, I was in a rush to take them! - Please try to be contructive, Thanks!!

daveec2n

Reaction score
Hi all,

Despite looking around these forums regularly, I'm a dreadful dresser so hope you might be able to give me some pointers...

Have a wedding this weekend for which I want to wear a linen suit (very similar to the one in the picture - its an old one that's too small for me now, but wore it because the other is being laundered)

Anyway, i was trying out a few shirt tie combos hope you could tell me how bad/not so bad they look please? Maybe some pointers too?

I'll be wearing with some brown Russell and Bromely capped shoes with a very thin sole.

I realise im a bit of a mess, I was in a rush to take them! - Please try to be contructive, Thanks!!

j6ld6o.jpg

2h4wyvq.jpg

2eqcqwx.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by daveec2n
Hi all,

Look #2 is best.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daveec2n
Hi all,

I don't like the paisley tie much, especially with a shirt that is also pink. The other two looks are decent though. I think I like the one with the blue striped shirt best.

daveec2n

Reaction score
Thanks chaps - Striped shirt was also my preference. Agreed the pink shirt and paisley is a bit much.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Very nice, this.

Thank you. I like this suit alot. Does not seem to get much love here though.

Originally Posted by Tibor
So Classic, and timelessly Elegant! The Brigade of Guard's tie is my all time favorite tie style.

Blast from the past! Thanks, Tibor!

Originally Posted by IST66
Cheers!
smile.gif

8-1-2.jpg

8-2-2.jpg

Awesome. We have very similar tastes.

Damn it's hot today.
d3420cde.jpg

Way too much crap going on here, Spoomeister. Dig the suit though!

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
1) I can't believe you masochists wear suits in the summer! Tweed no less. Insane!
2) Does that jacket look "bell-shaped"? It doesn't look flattering at all.

Colin-2.JPG

It is double vented and the way I am standing is causing it to open up.

Mike

Butler

Reaction score
Thank you sir. 'Twas not a challenge, kind sir... more like a call to arms. Thanks for the old school pictorial defense, O/O. You working with MBreinin as council?
lol8[1].gif
I guess I "grew up" with navy pants as the default go to pant when in doubt. I did deliberate the pants this morning and had a grey one out too.. but opted for blue. Without the jacket, its a pretty (by my standards) conservative, color coordinated fit. However, I wanted one "flash and bang" item - usually my PS, so I opted for loud jacket, not really in harmony with the fit, but as an addition. Does that make any sense? Basically I used my jacket as my pocket square today. Anyway, I agree that it could have worked with a different pant, but I think it worked this way too - just in a different aspect. Thank you sir - They are not bespoke, but I think its my awkward pose that gives them liftoff. The first pic I am more relaxed and front facing - they lay flat. The second pic, my head is twisted, tightening the neck and giving rise to them... but I see your point. Its my pose that needs the adjustment. Noted.
fistbump.gif
Also helps that I just lost 8 lbs!
laugh.gif
Thank you - its an older woven Charvet that is nearing the end of its life as its starting to get a little fuzzy. Sad too, I love this tie.
confused.gif
Mrs. Spoo adjusted my fit to be a little more Luca and less Mariano in the dressing chambre after work. There will be no pictures.
blush.gif
See above... but I hear you man. Really. And its noted - just takes me some time.
smile.gif
Thanks - I thought you were going to be posting in PJ's now that you are not working for the man anymore? Two 1 sock 1 shoe pictues, 32 kitonbrioni (and 1 vox) text posts, Nii with Maradona in Argentina, A Rolls Royce SUV, no toilet shots, 2 bicycle toed shoes, an erect pocket square, some plaid, some tweed, some snark. Thass about it, I think.
lol8[1].gif
I really like that.

Thank you sir - They are not bespoke, but I think its my awkward pose that gives them liftoff. The first pic I am more relaxed and front facing - they lay flat. The second pic, my head is twisted, tightening the neck and giving rise to them... but I see your point. Its my pose that needs the adjustment. Noted.

Right - but another "point" are they covered by the lapels? On one picture not, on another allmost!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thundering Thursday as big storms roll through NOLA.

RRL SC, Borrelli pants, vintage Daks tie and Cole-Hahn specs.

Playing with my Hipstamatic app today as well.

Have a good one.

Mike

333-4.JPG

333-5.JPG

333-2.JPG

333-6.JPG

333-1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads