• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
This is brilliant. Congratulations on the suit and my compliments on the colour choice. Great!
Thank you sir.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Thanks, Spoo. And, I am up for the challenge...with less of a budget.
smile.gif
Kick ass. Mike

'Twas not a challenge, kind sir... more like a call to arms.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Spoo ... navy pants are not doing a lot of your fits any favors. There isnt enough navy in the jackets to pick up the pants and cause a smooth transition. The navy pants are therefore causing a jarring transition from jacket to pants and then another jarring transition to shoes. Its a really small fix too ... wear something more in the grey/tan/brown family especially when you are wearing a grey/tan/brown type jacket, but with enough contrast. Today's fit for example, would have been great with dark grey or light pant pants. Just my $0.02
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
Fashion from the archives
Thanks for the old school pictorial defense, O/O. You working with MBreinin as council?
lol8[1].gif
I guess I "grew up" with navy pants as the default go to pant when in doubt. I did deliberate the pants this morning and had a grey one out too.. but opted for blue. Without the jacket, its a pretty (by my standards) conservative, color coordinated fit. However, I wanted one "flash and bang" item - usually my PS, so I opted for loud jacket, not really in harmony with the fit, but as an addition. Does that make any sense? Basically I used my jacket as my pocket square today. Anyway, I agree that it could have worked with a different pant, but I think it worked this way too - just in a different aspect.
Originally Posted by Butler
Very nice coat - I think we have been there before, but it hurt my Butler eye that that your shirt collar points very often are sticking out - if they are bespoke I would have words with my maker!
Thank you sir - They are not bespoke, but I think its my awkward pose that gives them liftoff. The first pic I am more relaxed and front facing - they lay flat. The second pic, my head is twisted, tightening the neck and giving rise to them... but I see your point. Its my pose that needs the adjustment. Noted.
fistbump.gif
Originally Posted by literasyme
Spoo -- nice coat. I'd never seen the RTW Rubinacci line on anyone, and am not sure how LH this looks, but it's a well-fitting and seemingly well-constructed jacket in any case. I will say this: on many of your fits, the chest looks tight to me, with the lapels bowing and buckling too much. None of that on this one!
Also helps that I just lost 8 lbs!
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Sorry I mean Spoo's tie.
Thank you - its an older woven Charvet that is nearing the end of its life as its starting to get a little fuzzy. Sad too, I love this tie.
Originally Posted by Big A
Killer* * jacket. Not crazy about the tie
confused.gif
Originally Posted by jamesbond
But your shirt is not unbuttoned down to your belly button?
Mrs. Spoo adjusted my fit to be a little more Luca and less Mariano in the dressing chambre after work. There will be no pictures.
blush.gif
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Two great examples % ... the first picture shows a good use of gray with the colors complementing and being pulled together. In the second example, you can see numerous elements of blue being pulled in to pick off the pants. Spoo has hardly any blue in his fit, thus my comments. I guess when its all said and done - i feel the root cause of some of the feedback Spoo gets on combination is around color coordination ... complementary and matching colors.
See above... but I hear you man. Really. And its noted - just takes me some time.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Pretty cool Spoo, pretty cool.
Thanks - I thought you were going to be posting in PJ's now that you are not working for the man anymore?
Originally Posted by luftvier
Hey there girls, what have I missed?
Two 1 sock 1 shoe pictues, 32 kitonbrioni (and 1 vox) text posts, Nii with Maradona in Argentina, A Rolls Royce SUV, no toilet shots, 2 bicycle toed shoes, an erect pocket square, some plaid, some tweed, some snark. Thass about it, I think.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Spoobinacci! Loving it (and a 2 button too, I thought he only did 1 and 3)
lol8[1].gif
I really like that.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phat Guido is the master of this ****. He and Trini kill it every damn time. Smartly done!

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Monday. I was going to go with Nantucket reds today, but our Russian friend beat me to the punch over the weekend. LOL.

Polo Corneliani DB SC, BR shirt, Polo tie, Polo pants and Cole-Hahn Collection wingers.

Have a good one.

Mike

30b6-3.JPG

30b6-2.JPG

30b6-1.JPG

So Classic, and timelessly Elegant! The Brigade of Guard's tie is my all time favorite tie style.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
8-3.jpg

Wonderfully executed, like a modern Cary Grant!

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
gah - ZIT!
100804-6.jpg

100804-3.jpg
100804-4.jpg

DSC01252_8.jpg

I am so happy to see you back on Style Forum PG! You have always been one of my favorite people here! Whatever you wear you always wear it with such a positive charm, you truly make the clothes.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
100804-6.jpg

It's finished! Looks great. I wore the shirt I got in HK today. Love it. Should have gotten more. Really should have gotten a sport coat out of that grey hopsack. Next time... Thanks again.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
NOBD, If I correctly remember, you have the same pair Belgrave C&J ;-)

Ah... But yours aren't polo brown suede, are they? MTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads