• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

jeff w

Reaction score
Anybody know what size shoetree for 9D/9E? Their size chart was not helpful.

reachforit108

Reaction score

najpie

Reaction score
At the Connecticut Ave Filene's in DC, they got in a shipment yesterday of Kiton, Brioni, Zegna (Z and mainline), Valentini, Borelli, Dries van Noten, Luciano Barbera sartoriale, Canali, couple Finamore, Mastai Ferreti, Corneliani, Cucinelli and others from Wilkes Bashford and Louis Boston. They have suits, coats, dress shirts, pants, cashmere, and a handful of shoes. No real deals to be had, though--most of the dress shirts they wanted at least $169.99 for. Kiton Polos--they were asking $200!

reachforit108

Reaction score
Originally Posted by najpie
At the Connecticut Ave Filene's in DC, they got in a shipment yesterday of Kiton, Brioni, Zegna (Z and mainline), Valentini, Borelli, Dries van Noten, Luciano Barbera sartoriale, Canali, couple Finamore, Mastai Ferreti, Corneliani, Cucinelli and others from Wilkes Bashford and Louis Boston. They have suits, coats, dress shirts, pants, cashmere, and a handful of shoes. No real deals to be had, though--most of the dress shirts they wanted at least $169.99 for. Kiton Polos--they were asking $200!

Thanks for the heads up. Yesterday, I saw a similar "Vault" shipment at the filene's in friendship heights (dc). the number of items was a bit lower than what you mention but the same brands. unfortunately, as you said, there were no serious deals to be had. There was a particularly nice pair of incotex corduroy trousers for a "bargain" of $130. give it a few weeks and they will start marking them down.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the Connecticut Ave - DC Filene's this afternoon. It is all priced heavily, however they had one stunning piece at $899. A Loro Piana Navy Quilted 100% Cashmere Outerwear jacket. The size is Medium and i know these retail north of $3.5K. IMHO it's a size 50. Someone should jump on this.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Checked out the Connecticut Ave - DC Filene's this afternoon. It is all priced heavily, however they had one stunning piece at $899. A Loro Piana Navy Quilted 100% Cashmere Outerwear jacket. The size is Medium and i know these retail north of $3.5K. IMHO it's a size 50. Someone should jump on this.
Went there yesterday. They have lots of Oxxford suits in a variety of sizes/colors/patterns from 38-50. All priced at $999 right now. Generally I had found Farragut North lacking compared to Metro Center Filene's, but their suit selection is very good right now.

BamaHater

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Store in Houston has 40% off sale items. Picked up 2 Purple Label ties for $35.99 each and two Black Label Dress Shirts for $59.99 each. Not much good things left . I got lucky and found some stuff I wanted. After I raided the stuff, only saw 2 or 3 Purple Label ties and 2 Black Label ties left. Still had a lot of Blue Label ties left. Had random dress shirts and sports shirts from all labels. Mostly they were blue label though. Probably 5-6 were black or purple label. Purchased all four items just over $200
bigstar[1].gif
smile.gif

najpie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
Went there yesterday. They have lots of Oxxford suits in a variety of sizes/colors/patterns from 38-50. All priced at $999 right now. Generally I had found Farragut North lacking compared to Metro Center Filene's, but their suit selection is very good right now.

They've had that full rack of Oxxford's for months now-- they seem to be having trouble moving them. Don't they have a suit sale every so often?

arc

Reaction score
They've had a bunch of Oxxford and Canali on the racks there for like a year, yeah. They're in ugly patterns and awkward sizes though. Sometimes they'll do 25% or something off suits, stacking with other coupons, but even still they're quite costly for the average Filene's Basement shopper.

They seem content to leave this stuff on the shelves at its initial price, even if it never sells too. I recall seeing a Brioni jacket on the racks for like a year and a half at Connecticut Ave, never got marked down from $2800.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^that's odd, filene's usually drops its prices like clockwork. in fact, that's their whole business model

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
^that's odd, filene's usually drops its prices like clockwork. in fact, that's their whole business model
As is yoox's and all other discounters.

Filenes actually starts off pricing crazy high on some items.

arc

Reaction score
I feel like perhaps the DC locations get fewer shipments of good stuff, and so try to stretch it out by not discounting it as quickly. I've always found them disappointing for actual bargain hunting, even when I'd stop by weekly. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pilot test to try to get their revenue back up after their recent bankruptcy/administration, or something. I've never seen a "Vault" item (ie: good stuff) in DC get price dropped.

On the other hand, maybe I just don't go in there often enough to see the discounts before they're finally bought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics