• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Who gives a fck

Do the clothes look good or not

I hardly ever post an opinion on a fit, but that's what I use to decide for myself if I like a fit. On first look do I like it? If I do I think about how parts of the fit could be incorporated into my own style. And if it looks bad I disregard and move on down the page. fertilizer, you should know that not everyone is gonna like your fits (I personally don't and would never even think about wearing what you do) so just ******* roll with it! Don't be butthurt that a couple outspoken du's don't like it, and don't ******* pull out that **** about not understanding the aesthetic or the drape as a defense. You're just assuming they don't know and sound like you've got a superiority complex.

fertilizer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
I think your clothing and fits looks silly, but your 'online persona' is hilarious. Keep it up.

not that it doesn't flatter me, but just cause you paid me a compliment doesn't mean that i will let your insult of my steez slide. i'm sorry. anyway may i ask why you feel so? pls give me something good...

fertilizer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rikkar501
fertilizer, you should know that not everyone is gonna like your fits (I personally don't and would never even think about wearing what you do) so just ******* roll with it! Don't be butthurt that a couple outspoken du's don't like it, and don't ******* pull out that **** about not understanding the aesthetic or the drape as a defense. You're just assuming they don't know and sound like you've got a superiority complex.
if somebody could give me some solid logic i could maybe deal with that.. or actually had a real purpose. for example i don't care about heritage ****. i don't personally like it, but i DO UNDERSTAND IT AND RESPECT IT. i usually ignore it, but when it is done really well i may comment. when it is done wrong the hate is just extra satisfying (hating on a bad fit of an aesthetic i don't like) i assume a couple people don't know **** cause of their commentary. heard that kinda mundane **** before. would assume that people on a fashion forum would be alittle bit more enlightened. i can read well into it and their past fits to know if they know what the **** they're talking about.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fertilizer
not that it doesn't flatter me, but just cause you paid me a compliment doesn't mean that i will let your insult of my steez slide. i'm sorry. anyway may i ask why you feel so? pls give me something good...

Nah, I just can't get behind your style. Your last fit looked alright though. I really can't get into this overly anal pseudo-scientific critiquing of clothing that goes on here, so that's the best you're going to get from me. Keep posting though, it's a breath of fresh air.

I'll post another ill fitting GAP/J Crew Americana suburban hipster look for you to work over sometime. Fair's fair.

Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
prepare for disappointment.

lol8[1].gif

You crack me up.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Alright fine, I give, fertilizer wins, it's hate night. The **** is this noise?? Like you want to hate straight out but don't QUITE have it in you to do it directly. Haven't seen you contribute **** lately until you came in on this, so what, everyone's here to entertain you and I'm somehow causing you grievous personal injury because I don't have time to set up a tripod outside? I don't even get your perspective and when did you turn into "jaded and unimpressed generally with the state of SF and everyone's taste in everything" guy? Because magician has that part locked up already bud. Whatever, haters gonna hate as they say, but at least bring something to the table. ****, fertilizer posted fits... Hence the ensuing debacle, but still.
stop using the waywt to talk about your hair or circlejerk on how nice your latest ebay find is. do you want constructive criticism? those naked & famous jeans you wear are far too tight and make you look womanly. sperrys are a casual shoe and mixing them with a suit is absurd; you should wear some loafers. that mcqueen print is ugly, i don't care if it's from mcqueen. those bottega veneta sunglasses look neat in pictures but are also ridiculously contrived and costumey. the look you're trying to pull of requires a certain gravitas/life experience, and the fact that you have to seek constant validation by posting pictures here (and discussing your buys) means you don't have what's necessary. you know who does? the men's fashion director at neimann marcus who MC keeps jizzing over. this guy:
Screen-shot-2010-06-21-at-16.33.36.png
as someone else said, he doesn't have a blog, he doesn't post fit pictures, he dresses how he wants and **** everyone else. until you can do that, you can't disregard basic prescriptive rules of appropriate dress. but all that is fine until you try to lord your 'sf status' over someone who does dress interestingly. nobody ******* cares how many posts you have or how many designer items you own. its meaningless. the difference between you and fertilizer is that fertilizer posts his pictures because he has something neat to share, you post because you want to a. brag about your latest purchase $$$ and b. get validation. there's nothing wrong with the latter, except you're trying to lord your nonexistant e-cred over someone doing the former. and yet, i don't really give a ****. you seem like an ok guy. i just want the stupid chatter to stop. ps: the reason I don't post fits is because I'm a broke student who wears the same thing every day. today it was a 102 outside with brutal humidity, so I wore a hanes v-neck and some j crew shorts with sperrys. but if you really want, I can start taking fit pics, posting them, and then act offended/as if I know better when people post advice.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thevilrubbinghands.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
nickcamo.jpg
"hi im nickelson wooster, I'm the ******* man"

fertilizer

Reaction score
^on the reals (tho) that **** was real (teger's).

this time i ain't gonna single out anyone specifically, but i'd like to say that if some of the high profile members here actually walked into a fashion related event or their chosen pro-aesthetic gathering with their "right" label adorned fits here, would they get props? some yes, other... hell the **** no.

i'm all for free hating on something that looks wack, but to not understand something merely because of an untrained eye or because of personal preference is lame. that b igna-hate. opinion is opinion, but some opinion is worth way more than others. like when that guy fuuma paid me a compliment, it made **** all that much the sweeter cause i know that he is knowledgeable about the industry, aesthetics, and has that wisdom (i.e. about the intricacies in how pop culture plays off of fashion and vice versa).
if i don't like something, and feel i need a to comment, i'll at least do my best to give the subject i'm talking about a decently educated reason as to why. not some impotent "i just don't like that...blahx2"

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
20100718_1302557.jpg

the funny thing is of all of your fits fertilizer, I like this one the least. i dunno.. the proportions/silhouette just seems off. i think it would look super sick with one of those long drkshdw bondage strap hoodies though, or maybe some layered rick twisted hem tanks? or maybe if you tucked in the shirt but let it billow out in the waist area.. as a play on a traditional tucked in shirt.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yo get off your momma's tit, baby boy.

man you say this stuff and honestly expect people to respect you?

just thought i'd voice what came to mind about those 3.

aeg: he looks alright i suppose (he don't look that bad), but wears fake ro sneakers. i don't like that.

jd may: he wears a couple of labels i like, looks okay sometimes, at other times wackola, but i don't care that much. don't agree with his bulk posting and seniority theory.

uncontrol: don't like his "aesthetic" and clothes. yeah... so i hated. yet unlike ignorant hate, mine is well versed. probably have a vastly superior knowledge of what he is attempting.

haha, this probably sums up why you annoy me.

You have this weird superiority complex. And then you think that people who have different opinions from you don't know what they're talking about.

besides, you don't need to know what you're talking about to like something or not.

Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
this is just what I was talking about. some dudes hated on fertilizer and you thought it would be a good time to jump in and hate on some regulars. I'm not saying I disagree, but it's awfully opportunistic.

yeah i don't get it either.

maybe this is why you're so vindictive. He wasn't insultin you, he just didn't like your fit.

anyway, peace, love and happiness. It's too easy to appear like a dick on the internet, i'm sure you do have some good knowledge to contribute, so let's get on with it. When you're dishing out your pearls of wisdom, please try to do so without faeces or superiority complex.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
nickcamo.jpg
"hi im nickelson wooster, I'm the ******* man"

the curls of the mustache are a priceless addition to this, as if to convey an image that he also sits after the evening's affairs and plots evil like a brooding capitalist pirate.

fertilizer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the funny thing is of all of your fits fertilizer, I like this one the least. i dunno.. the proportions/silhouette just seems off. i think it would look super sick with one of those long drkshdw bondage strap hoodies though, or maybe some layered rick twisted hem tanks? or maybe if you tucked in the shirt but let it billow out in the waist area.. as a play on a traditional tucked in shirt.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

just kidding.
yeah i assume that what throws people off about this one is that it's a short crop jkt over a big tee. it was raining a little bit and i just threw the jkt on. it's mad hot and this was my thinnest. so yeah i admit it, this one wasn't really calculated. ro twisty would have been could, but i just quit buying that **** cause i'd rather spend the money on other ****. the tucked shirt makes sense and could work, but i just don't like the feeling.

farraj18

Reaction score
20100718_1302557.jpg

I love how creative you are with your clothing choices. However, your recent ramblings portray you as being a major douchebag with a huge superiority complex. I'd suggest toning your reactions down a bit. It's off putting and only serves to rile people up.

Regarding the posted look, I like it. The shoes seem out of place, especially with the amount of ankle that you're showing. They end up looking clownish. I'd suggest a lace-up with a thinner sole, a pair of black loafers, or lowering the inseem of the pants so you're showing about half as much ankle to compensate for the chunky appearance of the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads