• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timberland Boot Company

sockpuppets

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of their boots, I love that depression era stuff. Seems like Timberland are clearing out a number of them at decent prices on eBay, just a heads up. I have the colrain reissue in both black and brown and they're aging nicely. Construction quality very good but not fantastic, they're MIC. No affiliation, I just wish I paid those prices for mine.
frown.gif
Timberland on eBay.

Tigris

Reaction score
Timberland are the only boots I've worn and I really dig them. Might look into Alden someday but I'm more than satisfied with what I've got.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tigris
Timberland are the only boots I've worn and I really dig them. Might look into Alden someday but I'm more than satisfied with what I've got.
Timberland Boot Company is their premium line. They have some innovative designs, some I love, some I hate. None are like regular timberlands in appearance or build though. I've been fortunate enough to pick some off of eBay or other discount venues but bit the bullet at retail on the colrain 8". TBC Boot Appreciation!
7M9rl.jpg

Tigris

Reaction score
I had no idea. Do they still make their premium line? The boots pictured above have got a really great vintage industrial look to 'em. Neat!

tigerx

Reaction score
dman i wish i knew these existed before i bought my RW.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, there is another TBC thred here. I have a few pairs of TBC shoes/boots and have been nothing but happy with them. They're a great deal if you can get them on sale or Ebay, and the Horween leather is very soft but thick. I'd be interested in these:
timberland-boot-company-spring-2011-selectism-2.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I dont care for normal Timberland's but the TBC sub brand makes some nice stuff. You can find them on sale all over the place too.

raven37457

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of tbc's, three to be exact. All my tbc's are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend the 8" tackhead winter boots (I believe zissou has the smaller tackhead). The construction is great, my feet stayed dry and warm throughout last winter (Northeast). With this said, tbc boots/shoes are an incredible value (if you purchase them from eBay).

On another note, I will be rotating in my newly purchased Wolverine 1000 Mile boots this winter. I tried them on today and they fit like a glove. The 1000 Mile boots could give the tackhead a run for its money!

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Got these for the winter at 50% off. Really soft and comfortable.

chai-tims-prod-2l.jpg

Not from Timberland.com because they never really apply a discount to TBC stuff, that i'm aware of at least..?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, raven, I have the 6" winter chukka, which kept my feet so dry and warm during winter here in Utah. The massive lugs and wool lining were great in the snow.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Not from Timberland.com because they never really apply a discount to TBC stuff, that i'm aware of at least..?

Check my first post, Timberland is on eBay, heavily discounting.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz

Barneys new york website, thats where I got mine. Don't know if they still have it on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads