• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of suede boots, any word on ETA of the snuff suede plain toe flex welts from LS aside from in August? If they don't come out soon I might be forced to buy the Chromexel Plaza wingtip tomorrow.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Speaking of suede boots, any word on ETA of the snuff suede plain toe flex welts from LS aside from in August? If they don't come out soon I might be forced to buy the Chromexel Plaza wingtip tomorrow.

They're 4 weeks out unfortunately.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Suede cap-toe boots from LeatherSoul. Thanks Tom!

I would buy the new Chromexcel version if it didn't have a 360 degree welt.
ffffuuuu.gif
Oh well, next time!

alden_captoe_boots_3.jpg

alden_captoe_boots_5.jpg

alden_captoe_boots_4.jpg

alden_captoe_boots_6.jpg

Excellent. I asked Tom about these but they were sold out of my size.
frown.gif

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Suede cap-toe boots from LeatherSoul. Thanks Tom!

I would buy the new Chromexcel version if it didn't have a 360 degree welt.
ffffuuuu.gif
Oh well, next time!

I love those! I have a pair of snuff suede PTB's that were seconds but they look too much like Uggs to get a lot of wear. I would wear those every day in every way!

Originally Posted by lagsun
Here is my current collection:

L-R: Dark Brown Suede Chukkas w/Crepe Sole, Cord #8 Chukka, Unlined Tan Suede Chukka, PTB Kudu Boot from Leffot

All are Shoemart seconds except for the Kudu PTB boot, and they're all 8.5Ds on the Barrie last except for the unlined chukkas which are 9D on the Leydon last.

I decided to sell the brown calf wingtip boot below as there are on 8.5D Leydon last and too tight in the toes for me. I'm not sure what I'll replace them with: either another wingtip boot or a cord #8 longwing on the Barrie last.

Very nice collection. Wear them in health!
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Already posted this pair before, but these pictures turned out better sooo...
HAHAHA! I like the last two picks where they wanted pictures without you cramping their style.

What watch is that BTW?
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
They're 4 weeks out unfortunately.
!!

How far out are the cordovan saddle shoes I just ordered a couple of weeks ago? I don't want to hear anything more than two weeks you selfish bastard!
devil.gif

tongue.gif

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Waah, so many awesome Alden's on the last few pages. Must resist urge to buyyy.
Originally Posted by Ahab
HAHAHA! I like the last two picks where they wanted pictures without you cramping their style. What watch is that BTW?
Haha, yeah, I felt pretty silly setting it up, but it had to be done! The watch is a speedbird 3 (http://www.watcharoo.co.uk/speedbird3.htm).

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a pre-order (and ETA) for some plaza wingtip non-speed-lace boots in #8 (and another boot) about 3 weeks ago through LSH (i.e. LSW/LSBH). I can't find any trace of this now.

I have a feeling I missed the pre-order, but I will 100% buy a 9D if I can find them.

Anyone have this same dream?

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
I thought I saw a pre-order (and ETA) for some plaza wingtip non-speed-lace boots in #8 (and another boot) about 3 weeks ago through LSH (i.e. LSW/LSBH). I can't find any trace of this now.

I have a feeling I missed the pre-order, but I will 100% buy a 9D if I can find them.

Anyone have this same dream?

I'd email Tom if I were you. 9D would be a standard part of the order, hence he could set aside a pair for you.

stylenoob718

Reaction score
images_eiec_20_20853_20853_EC0325_tif_88450b601ef71881.jpg

thoughts? thinking about getting them. these are the ones made for jcrew.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylenoob718
images_eiec_20_20853_20853_EC0325_tif_88450b601ef71881.jpg

thoughts? thinking about getting them. these are the ones made for jcrew.

I like them a lot but I am moving away from speed hooks as a general preference.

If I bought those and bought them from jcrew I would wait for a sale.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have these wingtip boots in scotch grain from Shoemart? http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html Not sure what my next purchase will be and whether I want to shell out (pardon the pun) $600+ for cordovan boots. However the Leather Soul #8 PTB boots with crepe soles are looking mighty nice...

stylenoob718

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
I like them a lot but I am moving away from speed hooks as a general preference. If I bought those and bought them from jcrew I would wait for a sale.
sorry bit of a noob, what are speed hooks? do you think they'll go on sale? not in a rush to get them (I have some DBs that are ok) so ya I'd love to get them at least for a little cheaper. I'm just not familiar with jcrew's policy on 3rd party brand items and sales. edit:: I see the speed hooks now, they were hard to see before and because of that I didn't know what you meant haha

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speed hooks are the 8 metal pieces the lace wraps around at the top as opposed to regular eyelets toward the bottom. They are there for convenience for lacing but sometimes don't look as good compared to all eyelets instead.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it's possible to identify the age of Aldens using the numbers printed inside the boot (5h28 0003)? I have this older pair of 405's with the duck lining and was wondering when they were produced.

indy4059d050.jpg

indy4059d052.jpg

indy4059d005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads