• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbrokerny
If I wear an XS Epaulet oxford, what size Gitman do I wear, XS or S?
If anything, I'd say Epaulet oxfords are cut slimmer than Gitman, so you'd want to go with an XS in Gitman as well. Anyone have different feelings on this? - Keith

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
If anything, I'd say Epaulet oxfords are cut slimmer than Gitman, so you'd want to go with an XS in Gitman as well. Anyone have different feelings on this?

- Keith

isnt that why I should size up in Gitman?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
isnt that why I should size up in Gitman?
No, it's the other way around. You'd typically want to size up in something that has a slimmer cut, but Epaulet has the slimmer cut, not Gitman (again, in my experience). Since Gitman has the fuller cut, you'd want to size down, if anything, but I don't think the difference is enough to make it worth changing the size. Besides, how do you size down from XS?
smile.gif
- Keith

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike

The Western shirt looks great! You weren't kidding when you said I would like it. I wonder what it would look like in purple?

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it would be nice to offer a casual OCBD in the chambray cut too (without the darting) as more of a kicking-around button-down.

also, the OD chinos are something else.

can't wait for a corduroy pair.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I wear an XS Epaulet oxford, what size Gitman do I wear, XS or S?

Definitely an XS. Most Gitman Vintage pieces run a full size larger than ours. I'd actually say that an XS in a Gitman Vintage oxford would be too big on you. Their seasonal fabrics (madras, poplin, flannel) tend to make up smaller, so one of those could work very well.

We'll have a ton of Gitman styles for the Fall. If any of them catch your eye, please feel free to PM me, and I can tell you how the sizing relates to our in-house line.

Originally Posted by Crane's
Mike

The Western shirt looks great! You weren't kidding when you said I would like it. I wonder what it would look like in purple?

It would look f-ing amazing! Glad that you dig it Karl.

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
it would be nice to offer a casual OCBD in the chambray cut too (without the darting) as more of a kicking-around button-down.

also, the OD chinos are something else.

can't wait for a corduroy pair.

Thank you sir - really glad that you you dig the OD chinos. They're one of my favorite Epaulet items so far.

And thanks for the suggestion on the shirt. The Utility Chambray was a great seller, so we're actively developing a few new variations on it. I'm definitely considering a simpler button-down shape for the Springtime.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
Can you give us a run-down of whats to come in the next few weeks?

pistolero

Reaction score
OK here's a noob-ish question - what sort of footwear are you guys rocking with the OD chinos? I'd like to wear these to the office and the color is throwing me a bit; this is the first pair of pants I've owned that's not some variation of navy, gray, or khaki.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
OK here's a noob-ish question - what sort of footwear are you guys rocking with the OD chinos? I'd like to wear these to the office and the color is throwing me a bit; this is the first pair of pants I've owned that's not some variation of navy, gray, or khaki.

They look great with a pair of beeswax DBs.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Mike-
Can you give us a run-down of whats to come in the next few weeks?

Sure. At the moment, we're planning:

Gitman Vintage Overdyed Oxfords (Navy & Purple)
Epaulet Lawn Shirts in Gingham (Purple & Grey) and Multi-tone Glen Plaid

Adele and I are taking our August vacation next week, so the store will be closed from August 11th through the 18th. Puerto Rico yo!

Once we get back, the gloves are coming off and we'll have new products dropping weekly.

Originally Posted by pistolero

Originally Posted by kgmessier
They look great with a pair of beeswax DBs.

That's a great combo. Most boots and shoes with a brown tone - suede or leather - will look great with these trousers. I also like these with white sneakers - as they pick up the white side taping. And black boots and shoes work great too - after all, that's what this mil-spec fabric is usually matched to.

xr4ti

Reaction score
So do the Epaulet shirts drop before
smile.gif
or after vacation??????

Gagno905

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Definitely an XS. Most Gitman Vintage pieces run a full size larger than ours. I'd actually say that an XS in a Gitman Vintage oxford would be too big on you. Their seasonal fabrics (madras, poplin, flannel) tend to make up smaller, so one of those could work very well.

Wow, really? I'm an XS in Gitman and they're a nice fit on me. I figured everything else would be too big (besides BoO). Maybe I'll pick up a shirt or two now that I know this.

Actually those chinos are gorgeous too. Any possibility of doing a run of size 27s in the future? If not a belt would probably work just as well.

Good stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads