• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by john08
Cars we would like to be driving:

S 350 CDI L 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY Sedan

36993111813356x236.jpg

The ultimate most perfected vehicle originates Germany and/or Japan.

MB, Toyota/Lexus and Infiniti/Nissan > BMW/PorscheWV/AUDI/GM/FORD/Chrysler. Sorry, I had to tell you the truth.

You'll fit right in here, don't worry!

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I can agree with this. If I had only one car, then it would be BMW.

Which is really the marque's strength, imo. If you aren't at that point where you can drive a luxury car day-to-day and have a sports car for the weekends, BMW's M division cars are the best compromise, especially the M3. This is why the M Coupe/M Roadster don't make sense - if you're buying a dedicated sports car, the Boxster or Cayman or some 911 variant are more logical.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
since I don't plan on owning anymore bmws out of warranty (lease rates currently are terrible bc of residuals).
The lease rates for M3 coupe are pretty decent right now, actually. 57% residual for 15k/year, 36 months, .0018 money factor. 12k/year residual is 59%, while 10k year is 60%.
teacha.gif
The M3 sedan residuals are much worse (subtract 5%) but you don't strike me as a 4-door kind of guy.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not sure if i would agree that a porsche is purer 'driver's car' or sports car than a BMW M3, btw. assuming we are talking about NA porsches, i can't think of a single way that the M3 gives up anything to those cars.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
The lease rates for M3 coupe are pretty decent right now, actually. 57% residual for 15k/year, 36 months, .0018 money factor. 12k/year residual is 59%, while 10k year is 60%.
teacha.gif
The M3 sedan residuals are much worse (subtract 5%) but you don't strike me as a 4-door kind of guy.

Why thank you sir and yes you are correct I dislike sedans. I'll have my guy keep an eye on residuals/rates in the coming months for 15k/36.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
This is why the M Coupe/M Roadster don't make sense - if you're buying a dedicated sports car, the Boxster or Cayman or some 911 variant are more logical.

I think the M Z cars make sense as BMW's essay on sports cars. They don't even try to be practical like the M3 or M5.

Originally Posted by HRoi
not sure if i would agree that a porsche is purer 'driver's car' or sports car than a BMW M3, btw. assuming we are talking about NA porsches, i can't think of a single way that the M3 gives up anything to those cars.

The M3 has less feel, and handles worse than the Porsche sports cars. It's also significantly heavier. This is not to say that it's slow, because it is tremendously fast, but a driver's car isn't about absolute speed --- it's about the connection between driver and car. This is why a Miata is a better and purer driver's car than the M3. The Miata is a sports car. The M3 is a sporty car.

--Andre

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkirk
2009 BMW 328xi in white. Can't find any great pictures of the exterior but the interior is what sold me on it. Never had any problems with it except I seem to be wearing out the back tires too quickly.
laugh.gif
If you ever think of getting a BMW, definitely take a look at this leather in person, it absolutely makes the car.

Nice, what do they call that color?

Originally Posted by Piobaire
IMO, right now the cream of SUVs is the Q5. What a great little driving machine and combination of features. Sadly, their residual sucks arse (low 40s).

I musy say, I am impressed by how you've boiled down your choice of car into hard and pure economics. Although my training is in economics and quantitative finance, I am horribly emotion driven when it comes to cars, and cannot see myself applying the same level of restraint and focus on the facts. I am envious.

Originally Posted by JayJay
I can agree with this. If I had only one car, then it would be BMW.

+1000

There are plenty of other cars out there that I'd love to drive, but if it came down to just one, I'd have to say I'd stick with an M3. When I turn 55, I may move on to the M5 though..
laugh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
better late than never

IMAG0002.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I musy say, I am impressed by how you've boiled down your choice of car into hard and pure economics. Although my training is in economics and quantitative finance, I am horribly emotion driven when it comes to cars, and cannot see myself applying the same level of restraint and focus on the facts. I am envious.
Pio, I'm also impressed. I can't make my automotive decisions based on pure economics either, and I've tried hard to do so over the years. The only time when I did and it worked out well for me, was when I bought a car to last me through the college/grad school years. Otherwise, when I've attempted more economically rational car purchases, I've ended up wasting money due to trading them within a few months to a year for the uneconomical choice that I wanted in the first place.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aside from head sticking out of sunroof, it's all good

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
better late than never

IMAG0002.jpg

Good job.

BTW, if it comes with the Pirelli's, change those ***** immediately. I wish the ******* dealer had told me when I bought my audi's that I needed to account for having to change those POS.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
BTW, if it comes with the Pirelli's, change those ***** immediately. I wish the ******* dealer had told me when I bought my audi's that I needed to account for having to change those POS.

I'm surprised that you have a driver's license.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads