• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

insp86

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of a badass repair by Context. They turned these guys around in less than a week. There's a denim patch with mattress fabric which is visible through the hole. Amazing job.

Jeans are APC NS's with about 9 months of wear. They smell awful, but I'm heading for a three week backpacking trip through Asia and I'm hoping to get through that before sending them to the dry cleaner.

img0505c.jpg

img0506pl.jpg

puddin

Reaction score
Does APC still offer jeans w/o the swivel button?

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by insp86
Here's some pictures of a badass repair by Context. They turned these guys around in less than a week. There's a denim patch with mattress fabric which is visible through the hole. Amazing job.

Jeans are APC NS's with about 9 months of wear. They smell awful, but I'm heading for a three week backpacking trip through Asia and I'm hoping to get through that before sending them to the dry cleaner.

img0505c.jpg

img0506pl.jpg

Asia has enough pollution already, get it cleaned before you go. Bacteria faded much of the indigo, no point going further without washing.

Originally Posted by puddin
Does APC still offer jeans w/o the swivel button?

AFAIK only the old black stock had swivel. Newer blacks have antiqued rivets and solid button.

heybigmoney

Reaction score
so one of the rivet heads on the coin pocket fell off. anyway i can just fix this thing myself or just leave it be? it seems like a such a miniscule thing to take to get repaired.

puddin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
AFAIK only the old black stock had swivel. Newer blacks have antiqued rivets and solid button.

hmm, i was talking about the indigos. i know that they were making what seemed to be like only swivel buttons for a while. that button is annoying as hell though, so hopefully they stopped.

mattt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
hmm, i was talking about the indigos. i know that they were making what seemed to be like only swivel buttons for a while. that button is annoying as hell though, so hopefully they stopped.

Yeah both my black ns and indigo ps have swivel buttons, they're kinda annoying and I don't understand their purpose.

insp86

Reaction score
Does anyone/everyone agree?

Originally Posted by entrero
Asia has enough pollution already, get it cleaned before you go. Bacteria faded much of the indigo, no point going further without washing.

BlueWord

Reaction score

Yes, wash those. They look overdue, the material is starting to decay noticeably.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely feel that anyone who recommends sizing down 3 for APC raw denim, even as part of a sliding scale, is an asshole.

masterllama

Reaction score
picture of my APC NS, they're 6 months old and hot soaked once. I've pretty much retired them as I've been occupied with flat head, 3sixteen, and iron heart denim so I thought i'd throw up a picture. sorry for the ****** quality, taken on a phone:

apcs.jpg

AlexWb

Reaction score
Wow those are beautiful.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a difference between getting true size Petite Standards and sizing down New Standards? How does the sizing go for the Petite Standards?

Thanks

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have any pictures of the front? i think i'd probably wash them if it were me, they look like they've got to the point where instead of looking well-faded they look dirty. if you do wash them, make sure to post pics, i've seen filthy looking jeans get washed and then all the brown bits turn white, and they look hella nice.
Originally Posted by masterllama
picture of my APC NS, they're 6 months old and hot soaked once. I've pretty much retired them as I've been occupied with flat head, 3sixteen, and iron heart denim so I thought i'd throw up a picture. sorry for the ****** quality, taken on a phone: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/josephhkim/apcs.jpg[/IMG]
very nice

Conundrum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
the quickest easiest way to size APC's (new standards to be specific as thats what I have) is to do this:

measure around your body where you wear your jeans (usually this is on your hips or below). next, decide how you want them to fit. assuming you dont have super skinny or really big legs, size down 2" for a regular slim fit, 3" or 4" for a slimmer tighter fit.

so, for example (this is what I did), if you measured 33 around where you wear your jeans, subtract 3" (or whatever) for a slim fit, so now you have 30", this is what you want your jeans to measure. since APC's are vanity sized (tagged size = 2 smaller than measured size) subtract two more from the 30", and you get 28. so you'd get a tagged size 28 if you measure 33" around where you wear your jeans.

even if you dont size down they will stretch like two inches in the waist and be baggy. my 28's stretched 4" and now measure 34 in the waist, so they're pretty roomy. i dont need to wear a belt but if they get any bigger, or if i loose weight, i'll need a belt. stretching in the legs is less severe though, i've read they only stretch like an inch in the legs. mine stretched out to feel comfortable and roomy in the legs (took like a month until I could bend down comfortably), but i'm not sure how much they stretched, as i didn't measure them beforehand.

for reference, this is how mine fit right now at around 3 months, maybe a bit more http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9461/img1014u.jpg

Sounds like a good guide. If i have to do an online order, I will follow this. How tall are you?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterllama
picture of my APC NS, they're 6 months old and hot soaked once. I've pretty much retired them as I've been occupied with flat head, 3sixteen, and iron heart denim so I thought i'd throw up a picture. sorry for the ****** quality, taken on a phone: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/josephhkim/apcs.jpg[/IM[/I]
Good stuff, I've had mine since March 1st and they're nowhere close to that, even w/biking and 2 washes

Casey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattt
Yeah both my black ns and indigo ps have swivel buttons, they're kinda annoying and I don't understand their purpose.

This is just my theory but when the jeans are really tight and haven't stretched out yet, the swivel button makes it so that there is less stretch on the waistband because the button turns to accommodate the pull. That's the only reason why I could think that they would put it there. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I actually like it more than their rounded out button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads