• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone like Bill Maher?

runner-guy

Reaction score
I was watching HBO the other day and they were showing one of Bill Maher's stand ups. Does anyone think this guy is funny? I don't think I even chuckled once. He didn't even really tell any jokes. All he did was complain about how much he hates Bush and corporations, and this stand up was from 2010. BORING.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never liked this unfunny bastard

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No. He's smug, arrogant, and whiney. It's people like him who made me hate grad school.

ADDENDUM: I should add that I'm liberal. I just can't stand his personality.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's a bit too much of a hater on his show, but you could do worse. At least he is somewhat intelligent. That said, I do not watch it. And I've never seen his stand-up - I imagine it really would be a lot of political whining.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
I was watching HBO the other day and they were showing one of Bill Maher's stand ups. Does anyone think this guy is funny? I don't think I even chuckled once. He didn't even really tell any jokes. All he did was complain about how much he hates Bush and corporations, and this stand up was from 2010. BORING.

I chuckled a few times. His superiority complex gets the better of his comedy sometimes.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. He's not funny, and not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

His show is also a complete sham. He has on 2 guests who are clearly liberal hacks, then he has on one conservative to "balance" it out, but they almost always pick a conservative whose a complete moron. Gee, I wonder why the debate tends to be so one sided.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally can't stand his ass. Onion is right, his show is a farce. 2 liberals beating up on one conservative, lame personal insults, no point.

It's like that stupid Hannity and Colmes show on Fox, but in reverse.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn

It's like that stupid Hannity and Colmes show on Fox, but in reverse.

I agree. However, I should point out that the show is correctly called HANNITY AND Colmes (thank you Al Franken).

sunror

Reaction score
ive caught a few segments of the show he hosted and didnt hate it. have not noticed it on tv in years

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think Maher's done anything admirable since Body Double.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
He's a nutjob. He doesn't really have any ideas, just criticisms. In other words, he's like most political pundits. His views on medicine are whacked out though.

EDIT: And he's not much funnier than your average person.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I liked Religulous.
devil.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
He doesn't really have any ideas, just criticisms. In other words, he's like most political pundits.

Ah, well put.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DC Cab was his apex

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads