• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
I do not like austerity stitching and feel that plain monks are boring. I also do not like grained leather.

HOWEVER, this is not austerity stitching!!!
laugh.gif

blakewho

Reaction score
After a good three years lurking around here (thanks for all the free advice chaps!) I've finally registered in order to share my pleasure at picking up these beauties in the sale at John Rushton on Wimpole Street:

SDC10613.jpg

SDC10614.jpg

SDC10617.jpg

SDC10616.jpg

Both pairs made by Alfred Sargent for overseas retailers, Shipton & Heneage, Paris, in the case of the chestnut semi-brogues, Regent of Japan for the antiqued tan wholecuts. Beautiful leather, outstanding quality all-round. The semi-brogues are on a narrower fitting than I normally go for but I'm letting them sit on a fairly wide set of shoe trees for a while to stretch them out - I'm sure they'll be fine.

And the damage? A mere £95 each. Add the usual pleasure of a long shoe chat with Mr Rushton himself and you have a very successful afternoon.
bigstar[1].gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice stuff. I like the last and toe shape. Very classic.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
HOWEVER, this is not austerity stitching!!!
laugh.gif

Then what is the proper term...would be nice to have 2 side by side pictures to contrast the difference?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blakewho
After a good three years lurking around here (thanks for all the free advice chaps!) I've finally registered in order to share my pleasure at picking up these beauties in the sale at John Rushton on Wimpole Street:

Nice purchases, and a damn good first post. Welcome.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Pecards appropriate for regenerating vintage shell cordovan/horsehide?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^middle picture, next to the saddles on the left - any better shots of the green one? Im going to get me a nice green shoe if its the last thing I do...

Jawohl, Herr SpooPoker!
What about a calf-wool co-respondent?

9bb09i.jpg

2m43n0z.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
9j15jo.jpg

33a866v.jpg

9sxnj6.jpg

16lg408.jpg

Is dis love...is dis love...is dis love... dat I'm feelin'....?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads