• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferragamo Oxfords

bck

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post here. I have recently purchased a pair of Ferragamo's for $250, and I'm not sure what line it's from. The model is called the 'Newland'. I tried using the SF search function, and some have suggested that it is from the Lavorazione Originale line. But I can't see any kind of stitching, and the heels have the giant Ferragamo logo on it, which I hear is the telltale sign of a studio line. It doesn't have "Lavorazione Originale" labeled on it, either. It does have flakes of tiny wire (which I think is glue) barely visible where the heel meets the sole. Assuming this is mainline Ferragamo, I'm don't know much about blake stitching, so I'm not too sure if I'm not supposed to see any stitching. Can the knowledgeable peeps at SF please tell me if it's mainline or studio line? The retail price is $520, and this is a genuine product. Thank you so much.

bck

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, and yes, I did use the search button and found the exact same post. But many things lead me to doubt that the Newland is a mainline. Is it unusual for a originale to have a glued on heel and no stitching visible and a giant Ferragamo logo on heel? Thanks.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bck
Thank you for the reply, and yes, I did use the search button and found the exact same post. But many things lead me to doubt that the Newland is a mainline. Is it unusual for a originale to have a glued on heel and no stitching visible and a giant Ferragamo logo on heel? Thanks.
It is not unusual. Only the Tramezza line comes with the quality you seek, but they also come with a much higher price tag.

bck

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the comments!

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I just bought the same pair of shoes. My first Ferragamos, actually. Picked them up for $105 on eBay.

How do you like them?

Drudged

Reaction score
Just as a heads up,

I think the Newland model is ringing up at $170 brand new from Bloomingdale's if you can have one of the sales associates find a pair in your size, down from the original $520. For some reason the same shoe in brown is at $270. Yes, our markdowns are very sporadic and nonsensical when it comes to Ferragamo.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mishon
It is not unusual. Only the Tramezza line comes with the quality you seek, but they also come with a much higher price tag.
I don't know about the U.S., but here in Spain I have bought both my pairs of Tramezza on sale at 50%; on both occasions there were quite a few pairs left in different sizes so it was no problem finding one that fit me, and I really find Tramezza at about EUR 325 worth the money. At EUR 650 (now, maybe, EUR 700), well, I would think twice about it.

I have had a few studios as well and, to tell the truth, I do not think that I will buy any Ferragamo in the future that is not Tramezza.

Except, maybe, sneakers, loafers, and ties (or the occasional belt).

bck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Hey I just bought the same pair of shoes. My first Ferragamos, actually. Picked them up for $105 on eBay.

How do you like them?

I think they're decent shoes, but the quality (as someone else mentioned) isn't the greatest. This is my first Ferragamo as well. The main reason why I picked it up was b/c the fit was excellent. I'm thinking about purchasing a Tramezza in the near future (if the price is right).

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bck
I think they're decent shoes, but the quality (as someone else mentioned) isn't the greatest. This is my first Ferragamo as well. The main reason why I picked it up was b/c the fit was excellent. I'm thinking about purchasing a Tramezza in the near future (if the price is right).

I've only worn my twice. The leather folds a bit on the side, at slightly unusual places, and I'm disappointed by how the leather wears at the crease on the last, but overall - seriously - you could do a lot worse for a ~$150 shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads