• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
orig.jpg
Wrong watch but what the heck!

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ScottMan
FWIW, It's very difficult to tell good fakes from authentic in even the best of pictures. The tell-tale signs are often such minuscule, random details that are slightly off. So, the gentleman saying that Patek model just doesn't exist...if he's a knowledgeable guy then he's probably right. But most people who don't live/breath Daytonas or new ceramic Subs or whatever aren't going to know just from those pictures. Good fakes often cost $400+ and have their own following of people who spend much more money modifying them to make them look real. It's a very, very odd culture and the big fake watch forum they have has a Veyron and a yacht on the banner. Haha. Talk about irony. I know this because inevitably, half the watches you search for on google images will lead you to a fake watch forum. :-/

FWIW, my 3714 is not fake.
smile.gif

No disrespect to anyone, but I think people in this forum know more about clothing than they do about wristwatches.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Advent
No disrespect to anyone, but I think people in this forum know more about clothing than they do about wristwatches.

Do you have anything interesting or watchp0rnographic to post in this thread? I would be infinitely appreciative.

ScottMan

Reaction score
Well of course they do. It's styleforum, not TZ or WUS. I've been pretty heavy into the WIS "culture" for around 10 years now and I still can't determine what is fake and what isn't quite often without a loupe and a heads-up that such-and-such should be looked at a little more closely. :shrug:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder why they would make a replica of something that doesn't exist? Odd.
I know very little about watches, which is why I only shop at reputable dealers.

confused.gif

ScottMan

Reaction score
Oh, well that's interesting. Although, FWIW, I'm still undecided as to whether he was disagreeing with or backing up my statement. Haha.

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ScottMan
Well of course they do. It's styleforum, not TZ or WUS. I've been pretty heavy into the WIS "culture" for around 10 years now and I still can't determine what is fake and what isn't quite often without a loupe and a heads-up that such-and-such should be looked at a little more closely. :shrug:

Well that's my point. There are people in this thread stating that such and such a watch is a fake when in fact it's pretty much impossible to determine this w/o a loop and/or the watch in hand.

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
confused.gif

Yes and it's also apparent that other people know very little as well. I was told point blank at a Patek dealer today that they could not authenticate that Patek looking at the pic in this thread. So it's interesting that someone here thinks that they can. Well, I guess they know more than the assistant manager of the Patek store here in Geneva.

ScottMan

Reaction score
^My bad.

Cheesy pic I took 5 minutes ago to keep the thread going:

SDC10427.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sea Dweller today.
image001std.jpg

GMT
gmtr.jpg

Daylight
daylight.jpg

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
With the new Daytonas (new being relative to the zenith movement ones), the centers of the subdials at 3 and 9 are above the horizontal axis. I doubt if there are counterfeits out there with that feature.

I can confirm that there are. Unfortunately. Pretty good ones, so be careful. Always buy the seller etc ...

But, we're here for the p0rn right? I enjoy the AD purchasing experience, but I can't afford to do it too often. So I have my own AD display at home. Picking one out for the day is a pleasure
laugh.gif

Klokkebilder399.jpg

Murdoc

Reaction score
I'll take some more photoy shots one day when I can get the band upgraded to something nicer, but for now I'm just happy to have it.

murdocmaxbill.jpg

captoe

Reaction score
^nice! i wonder why people don't get that instead of all the nomos recs. is it more expensive? orcheaper, no in house movement blah blah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads