• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4829.jpg

Labelking, wearing shorts at the vegetable market in Beijing.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I am sure you've answered this, but are you self-employed or semi-self employed? It seems like employers might not be to keen on your aesthetic, but obviously you're wearing it.

-rF

Cute teenage hipster girls need employment too Robbie. Don't be such a misogynist.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I could be wrong, but I think thats on the 5 near the Xerox building in SoCal. There's a good chance the power would come from the San Onofre nuke plant, or "The Boobs" as us locals know it as.
Nukes account for a minority of total power production in the US. And it's a national-regional marketplace for electricity, so the specific plant supplying the energy is largely irrelevant. However, electricity prices are likely less volatile than oil prices due to the use of multiple sources (e.g. coal, natural gas, nuclear, etc) as opposed to just one source. So that is one advantage, but considering the initial purchase price of the vehicle it's a bad choice financially. One should buy a car like that for the technology, novelty, or performance. But to display the same underlying attitude as that of a Prius owner is just, well....

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marxism_2.0
You guys look so marsupialed. Except i do like those pf flyers from listi
Nice fit pic, noobsauce
Originally Posted by Reggs
I could be wrong, but I think thats on the 5 near the Xerox building in SoCal. There's a good chance the power would come from the San Onofre nuke plant, or "The Boobs" as us locals know it as.
Or from us.... Y'alls like stealing our powers

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Nukes account for a minority of total power production in the US. And it's a national-regional marketplace for electricity, so the specific plant supplying the energy is largely irrelevant.

However, electricity prices are likely less volatile than oil prices due to the use of multiple sources (e.g. coal, natural gas, nuclear, etc) as opposed to just one source. So that is one advantage, but considering the initial purchase price of the vehicle it's a bad choice financially.

One should buy a car like that for the technology, novelty, or performance. But to display the same underlying attitude as that of a Prius owner is just, well....

I don't think he'd care too much about paying more considering he bought himself a freaking Tesla Roadster, the piece of mind of driving a car that runs off electricity and is pretty sleek would definitely outweigh whatever extra cost it might be to run it.

And yes it is a bit smug to imprint "LOL OIL" on the back of your roadster, but I think it was intended more to be humorous than smug. But even in being a bit smug, he's kind of entitled to it considering his car well and truly runs entirely off electricity (please no technical retort, you know what I mean).

Can't believe I'm writing all this about a number plate.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do not understand how they made an interesting looking car like the Elise look so low-rent kit-car'ish, given that they had that much money to work with. /car talk in SWD

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Do not understand how they made an interesting looking car like the Elise look so low-rent kit-car'ish, given that they had that much money to work with. /car talk in SWD
Probably to do with catering to the masses + the space required both for the masses, and for the new tech engine. The elise is a very, very small car. When comparing the two the Roadster ends up looking like a taller but flat-chested, assless cousin of (the) Elise.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
i didnt know that. interesting. but then id have to put the whole thing in the freezer right?
Maison Martin Margiela - IceAge 40000BC Campaign Collection

You could probably use a compressed air canister and flip and spray, lol.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
XenoX, do not talk to me about cars. kthx

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one

It also looks rather shoddy.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snake,

the asymmetric shirt looks great on you. I knew you could pull it off well.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
And yes it is a bit smug to imprint "LOL OIL" on the back of your roadster, but I think it was intended more to be humorous than smug. But even in being a bit smug, he's kind of entitled to it considering his car well and truly runs entirely off electricity (please no technical retort, you know what I mean).

That license reminded me of Jet entering a noob thread about BR, Old Navy, or other non-baller brand and smugly proclaiming "lol". The idea that spending the $$$ on Jil or MMM suggests one has become enlightened and thus managed to free themselves from the mundane evils entrapping the common man-- e.g. Gap, BR, or even oil. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. I find it amusing.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
snake,

the asymmetric shirt looks great on you. I knew you could pull it off well.

Maybe I missed the memo since I haven't been here much recently, but whatever happened to all your ninja fits? I thought you bought the same asymmetrical DBSS shirt a while back yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads