• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1 week after owning my first Mac in a decade

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Wait, so the "mouse-based" vs. "keyboard-based" argument was for real? Or am I just the only one not getting this elaborate trolling scheme?

It was a nice way of me saying that if you are prefer to use a keyboard, Macs are inferior. If you are a point-and-click person, they are better. They also crash less. The end.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny how there are android pads and windows pads hitting the market now and even microsoft is rushing to get theirs out by January, and people still think that there is no use/demand for something like an ipad. and by funny, i mean marsupialed.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
funny how there are android pads and windows pads hitting the market now and even microsoft is rushing to get theirs out by January, and people still think that there is no use/demand for something like an ipad. and by funny, i mean marsupialed.

Oh there is certainly demand. It is a marsupialed product. Kind of how Hanson was marsupialed as a musical artist, and the snuggie is marsupialed as a warming mechanism.

marsupialed and popular are not correlated.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Oh there is certainly demand. It is a marsupialed product. Kind of how Hanson was marsupialed as a musical artist, and the snuggie is marsupialed as a warming mechanism.

marsupialed and popular are not correlated.

Listen chachi, I'm not sure about your popularity but you're pretty marsupialed.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Listen chachi, I'm not sure about your popularity but you're pretty marsupialed.

No argument here.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Apple should use that..." iPad, the MetroStyles of electronics"

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Apple should use that..." iPad, the MetroStyles of electronics"

Not nearly as entertaining or girthy.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Not nearly as entertaining or girthy.

Better looking though
laugh.gif

MrKaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Want a large screen to work with video and multiple documents. As you can see I also have a laptop (Macbook pro) coming in two days.

Since I do a lot of work at home, why would I want to be working on some tiny little laptop when I can work on a huge screen with very little clutter? I don't enjoy working on Laptops at all. I'm only buying another one so that I have something for when I travel. But I think that if you tend to use the computer in the same location most of the time, you get a better deal going with a good desktop.

I quite agree. I am a developer and work on multiple applications at the same time, have a beast desktop with a monitors wall (3 x 21" lcd monitors).

It's impossible to work as developer or graphic developer with a only a laptop.
I use laptop for travels or when working on simple tasks.

For us geeks power desktops ruled, rule and will ever rule.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrKaizen
It's impossible to work as developer or graphic developer with a only a laptop.

I do all the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads