• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick help needed!- spilled salad dressing on my pants

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the emergency stain prevent protocol here. They are camel brown wool suit pants.
Spill was a chunk of chicken covered in oil/vinegar based dressing

Help!

Of course, I can just call them office pants and call it a day

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do not put water on it and do not rub it. Get some baby powder, put a good amount on that covers the spot. Wait as long as you can, couple hours is good. Brush the powder off. The powder will absorb the oil.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't this what dry cleaners are for?

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Do not put water on it and do not rub it. Get some baby powder, put a good amount on that covers the spot. Wait as long as you can, couple hours is good. Brush the powder off. The powder will absorb the oil.

hmmm, no baby powder here in the office.

Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Isn't this what dry cleaners are for?

sure, but trying to avoid a permanent stain, plus i have to wear the pants to a party tonight.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to store. Buy new pants.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
hmmm, no baby powder here in the office.

In that case use detergent (washing up soap). Has worked for me every time.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
You fumbling fool.....Seriously, how about washing them when you make it home? If you need them clean right now, head to the bathroom and try your luck at soap and water.

That will teach you to buy stain-resistant pants next time.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go home. Drop them in the cleaners and change for your party tonoght...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum
You fumbling fool.....Seriously, how about washing them when you make it home? If you need them clean right now, head to the bathroom and try your luck at soap and water.

That will teach you to buy stain-resistant pants next time.

Real helpful. How are your triple pleated teflon-coated pants working out for you?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tidestick.

At lunch I had a salad. The one piece of ******* lettuce that was soaked in Caesar took a dive, hitting my cotton pants and landing on my freaking suede Borrelli. Tidestick took care of the pants and I am still rubbing the shoe with a suede eraser and brush.

Talk about a double ****.

Mike

kraftar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
What's the emergency stain prevent protocol here. They are camel brown wool suit pants.
Spill was a chunk of chicken covered in oil/vinegar based dressing

3-second rule applies. If you didn't pick up the chicken w/in 3 seconds then you should toss it... otherwise it's safe to eat.

mogultv

Reaction score
I agree. Take them to a dry cleaners. I had some olive oil spilled in a brand new suit and my cleaners got it all out.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Tidestick.

At lunch I had a salad. The one piece of ******* lettuce that was soaked in Caesar took a dive, hitting my cotton pants and landing on my freaking suede Borrelli. Tidestick took care of the pants and I am still rubbing the shoe with a suede eraser and brush.

Talk about a double ****.

Mike

Serves you right for trying to eat healthy! Get a hot dog next time, Mike!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads