• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will has disappointed me.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...tan-first.html

I was disheartened by this post.

Will lives a glorious life of bespoke, from suits to shoes to shirts to ties to leather bags. Everything to specifications, nothing for the common man (a positively vulgar concept if ever humanity concocted one). When Will dresses, he can rest assured that what he owns has been devised and executed exactly how he wants it.

And yet, in beach environs, he has no problem with bearing the indignity of swim trunks that are cut to general sizes, rather that to every nook and cranny of his anterior/posterior nether regions. This is no 42L/40L business. This is S, M, L, XL. This is bad. Very, very bad.

Why not purchase a bolt of nylon and have Ambrosi work his magic, with a pair of Zimmerelli of Switzerland silk undies hand-sewn inside (pickstitched to perfection) to cradle the bits and pieces during a liesurely California swim?

Perhaps something with exterior buttons for braces, high in the back and pleated twice in the front?

Turn-up cuffs at the bottom that can be unfastened to release sand and other oceanic debris and then refastened after the deed is done?

Perhaps a bespoke Speedo in Donegal Tweed with just the right amount of drape betwixt the kiwis and the inner thigh?

The possibilities are endless. But Will is happy to snatch any old pair off a clothing rack.

I don't get it. I'm saddened. For all other sartorial pursuits, there is nothing too insignificant to Will to have commissioned. But when it comes to hitting the beach, just about anything will do.

I am disappointed. Truly, truly disappointed.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
so this thread is about your concern for Will's nether regions?

Exactly. But, you know, um...

no_homo_rainbow_sticker-p217120576483690026qjcl_400.jpg

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the **** is the point of this thread? It required way too much time and effort to list such lame drivel.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
What the **** is the point of this thread? It required way too much time and effort to list such lame drivel.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Totally agree. My bad, bro.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

+1. Lame.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Will has disappointed me too. I want my little silk flower thingy.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't let the haters get you down Bull. I think this is better than jindabombing every threak like you normally do.

yes ****.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask for a full refund.

None of that store credit crap.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This does have me thinking. For somebody who never swims an nice pair of 8oz Fresco trunks might get even me into the water.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Don't let the haters get you down Bull. I think this is better than jindabombing every threak like you normally do.

jindaboobing, i think you mean.

Originally Posted by Bull
Exactly. But, you know, um...

no_homo_rainbow_sticker-p217120576483690026qjcl_400.jpg

bull, this reinforces a clearly emerging forum consensus view. we would like you to go back to posting pictures of ****. thank you.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Will has disappointed me too. I want my little silk flower thingy.

According to the USPS, mine is winging (or rolling) its way to me.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads