• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do I Use Pant Hangers?

RSN125

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is simple, but can some SF'ers weigh in - how do I hang my pants on these type of hangers:

http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-37-...-set-of-3.aspx

The ones I have are actually suit hangers with this type of pant contraption. Not sure how to properly use them - can anyone help?

Thanks.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSN125
I'm sure the answer is simple, but can some SF'ers weigh in - how do I hang my pants on these type of hangers:

http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-37-...-set-of-3.aspx

The ones I have are actually suit hangers with this type of pant contraption. Not sure how to properly use them - can anyone help?

Thanks.

Your supposed to hang the pants by the ankles with the crease folded flat. Does that make sense?

SuitMyself

Reaction score
With that style of hanger, you will hang your pants by the cuffs/hem. The wooden section is actually two parts which will open and then you "lock" the cuffs/hem inside them. The two wooden sections are the bread in the sandwich and the cuffs are the meat.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
With that style of hanger, you will hang your pants by the cuffs/hem. The wooden section is actually two parts which will open and then you "lock" the cuffs/hem inside them. The two wooden sections are the bread in the sandwich and the cuffs are the meat.

That was worded a little better than my response.

kraftar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself

mmmm... sandwich....
drool.gif

RSN125

Reaction score
So the pant are not folded at any point? They hang cuffs to waist?

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSN125
So the pant are not folded at any point? They hang cuffs to waist?

Yes. The only part of the pants touching the hanger is the cuff. The pants will hang straight down, with the waistband at the lowest point.

If you closet is one of the double-decker jobs like this:

bedroom%20organization%20011.JPG

Then you will need a new house. A bespoke house.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not to mention new clothes...

I fold my pants at the waistband and lock it in from the waist. I find that hanging them from the cuffs makes them fall out. Folding them at the crotch (side pockets coming together) gives it enough beef to stay up.

RSN125

Reaction score
Thanks - this is very interesting. I think hanging them straight versus the typical folded will make a difference. Anyone have a bad experience hanging them straight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads