• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by neptune76
Cafe_Racer_4af94a9cc4df3.jpg

028_cafe-racer_mens_4c333d374957c.jpg

Hot or not? How do you suspect the leather would feel?

who makes this / how much?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cafe_Racer_4af94a9cc4df3.jpg

028_cafe-racer_mens_4c333d374957c.jpg

Hot or not? How do you suspect the leather would feel?

dislike the cut, and they need a different model. For some reason I always see cafe racers in stock photos and they've put the model into a jacket one size too large, so the sleeves begin to well on the hands and the whole thing loses it's shape. Rider's jackets are to accentuate the torso - if you have a good drop between chest to waist, you'll look like superman, and if you're just skinny, you will look skinny, tall and cool. That guy in the pics looks none of the above.

The leather looks pretty eh, you can tell by the fall of the leather and the creasing it's making that it's very thin, very soft - not traits that good calfskin should have. Any good leather has real inky depthness to it.

Asherlc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
dislike the cut, and they need a different model. For some reason I always see cafe racers in stock photos and they've put the model into a jacket one size too large, so the sleeves begin to well on the hands and the whole thing loses it's shape. Rider's jackets are to accentuate the torso - if you have a good drop between chest to waist, you'll look like superman, and if you're just skinny, you will look skinny, tall and cool. That guy in the pics looks none of the above.

The leather looks pretty eh, you can tell by the fall of the leather and the creasing it's making that it's very thin, very soft - not traits that good calfskin should have. Any good leather has real inky depthness to it.

You seriously think he could fit into a smaller jacket? That thing is pretty ******* snug. It fits him well, just the sleeves are a little long.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
he probably couldn't, but the sleeves are too long, and they are a bit wide. Granted, the flimsy leather accentuates it more...
If the fit is attractive though, one could go for Epaulet's Schott jacket, it's not much more and fits just like that. The leather is really thick full grain calf as well, so it has a totally different air of quality.

splattered

Reaction score
I like the way that fits him, the sleeves are just a bit too long... i think if it was zipped it would be a lot tighter looking on him. I agree about the quality though, it doesn't look that great.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
how does that schott fit? i really like the look / quality of it but i don't want to venture into dad fit territory. **** drew why'd you have to stop making the moto.

splattered

Reaction score
Errr oops didnt look at the second fit pic, its zipped and yeah a tad funky fit

neptune76

Reaction score
Dang, I was really hoping this jacket would be a good deal for the money. I do want thin but I want good quality too.

What is this "Epaulet's Schott jacket"?

Ok there are some other jackets maybe you all can take a look and give an opinion like you just did (thank you btw). Now keep in mind, I'm chubby. I do NOT have a small waist and I'm not skinny by any means. I'm not fat or look awful but I'm an average joe.

http://www.soulrevolver.com/cart?pag...&category_id=3

Cyclops_4bc05a4e72db2.jpg

http://www.soulrevolver.com/cart?pag...&category_id=1

015_lynch_blk_leather_jackets_01.jpg

001_the-deal_blk_leather_jackets_01.jpg

018_defiler_blk_vintage_leather_jackets_01.jpg

Hybrid_4af8a067e00ab.jpg

skunkworks

Reaction score
Are those leather jackets made out of vinyl.

roguetheory

Reaction score
I own the Fight Club jacket from Soul Revolver. The leather is indeed very thin and of average quality. On the other hand I believe Soul Revolver makes the exact same models in a heavy duty leather specifically for motorcycle riding (more expensive of course).

neptune76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roguetheory
I own the Fight Club jacket from Soul Revolver. The leather is indeed very thin and of average quality. On the other hand I believe Soul Revolver makes the exact same models in a heavy duty leather specifically for motorcycle riding (more expensive of course).

Ahh an actual owner, can you please give me a description of how the leather feels to the touch? I do want thin since I want it to drape and not look bulky or thick but I want it to feel somewhat soft. How is the quality of the jacket overall? Are you satisfied?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
he probably couldn't, but the sleeves are too long, and they are a bit wide. Granted, the flimsy leather accentuates it more... If the fit is attractive though, one could go for Epaulet's Schott jacket, it's not much more and fits just like that. The leather is really thick full grain calf as well, so it has a totally different air of quality.
I think you're attributing to size what's really just a problem with the cut. It's actually not very slim, but the shoulders are in the right place, and it all looks terrible because the leather's really papery. Really, the leather looks pretty bad in most of their pictures.

roguetheory

Reaction score
Ahh an actual owner, can you please give me a description of how the leather feels to the touch? I do want thin since I want it to drape and not look bulky or thick but I want it to feel somewhat soft. How is the quality of the jacket overall? Are you satisfied?

The leather feels quite thin and smooth to the touch, once you break it in, it obviously takes on more character. It fits the way you would expect it to, it's not bulky at all and is definitely a fashion jacket and not a practical jacket as far as leather jackets goes.

Overall it's decent enough for the price, very basic.

neptune76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roguetheory
The leather feels quite thin and smooth to the touch, once you break it in, it obviously takes on more character. It fits the way you would expect it to, it's not bulky at all and is definitely a fashion jacket and not a practical jacket as far as leather jackets goes.

Overall it's decent enough for the price, very basic.

Thank you. Good texture? Or at least better than the stuff at mall stores or jcpenney..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads