• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
^^^ Wow, I think I need to change my prescription.

So do I
eh.gif

jblazing

Reaction score
Kuwait has like $100K of watches. I'm glad that oil is benefiting someone.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Haha, busted. I bet his other watches are all fake too. The funny part is this guy probably spent so much money on fake watches when he could have bought one really nice genuine watch and actually felt good while he was wearing it.

Funny thing about replica watches is that no matter how much it may look just like the real thing, you will always know its a fake and it will never feel as good as wearing something genuine, even if its a much cheaper watch.

A friend of mine gave me a fake Rolex a few years ago and I wore it out a few times and no matter how much it looked like a real Rolex I knew it was fake so I stopped wearing it and got a nice vintage Omega instead.

At least if your going to wear a replica, get a model that doesnt cost 1/3 of your yearly salary.

The subdial and second hands on the Daytona were aligned as you'd expect on a fake too.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or it feels like many people here wear the same watch brands and models. Where are the Rado shells, Gubelin mysteries, or Borel cocktails?

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Haha, busted. I bet his other watches are all fake too. The funny part is this guy probably spent so much money on fake watches when he could have bought one really nice genuine watch and actually felt good while he was wearing it.

Did it ever occur to you that he might think that they are authentic (and they were each sold to him as such)?
I mention this because I have been in many luxury Depot-Vente's in Paris, in the heart of the city, where the rent is high and the merchandise in the store is all high-end luxury brands (Chanel, Hermes, YSL, Balmain, Gucci, LV, etc) and have on numerous occasions spotted counterfeit items amongst the authentic...being sold as authentic, with prices that are reflective of the fact that they are/should be "authentic"...so I can only assume the seller (i.e.: store owner) assumes the item is authentic. I've seen $25,000 croc bags that are fakes, in some of these stores.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashion_newbie
Apologies.
nice collection, better pics next time! love that portuguese!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuwait
ji288p.jpg

Originally Posted by Kentishman
The subdial and second hands on the Daytona were aligned as you'd expect on a fake too.

So counterfieters are making Daytonas with the 3-9 subdials above the axis?

sbha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Today... first day out in the wild with this one. Also first time uploading from iPhone so not sure how this will look.

Great watch!

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh

Dunno, but the hands on every dial are off zero. Unless of course they actually get, y'know, used.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by zippyh

Dunno, but the hands on every dial are off zero. Unless of course they actually get, y'know, used.

I honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about...
confused.gif

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get why he would buy like 8 fake watches to impress girls and his buddies, but honestly, why post them on here. Does this dude not realize that some of this forums members own the real versions of those crap watches hes trying to show off and can tell the difference between a real and a fake?

Seriously though like I said before, he probably paid at least $150 per watch. Multiply that by the 8 different watches hes posted already and it means he spent like $1200 on fakes. Why not just get one nice genuine watch for that price? Or 2 less expensive ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads