• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another day ... another dollar ...
d0215bc4.jpg

36ceaf8c-1.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
My friend, you have done well, papa

Where you dey go for vacation?

Onua mi da waasi ... ade Buenos Aires ... but hopefully ago dey GH this xmas. We for tear it up!!

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Excellent stuff.

thanks Agent 5

Originally Posted by Holdemaron

i totally dig this ... crumpled linen jacket and all.

Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte

really love the jacket. not a fan of the shoes.

Originally Posted by IST66
Killer suit #2
worship.gif

you far too kind comrade!

Originally Posted by aeglus
Again looks pretty good, would love to see a darker pair of shoes with the fit instead of these same shoes again.

+1 ... agree with every word.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdemaron
dsc0148m.jpg

Very close to fitting correctly. One size up should do it.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Back from a short trip to the Kong!

DSCF3529.jpg

DSCF3466.jpg

Met up with a MysteryJapaneseShoemaker (MJS) to check out his wares:
DSCF3482.jpg

DSCF3484.jpg

Trip wouldn't be complete without some local grub of course..
DSCF3496.jpg

DSCF3434.jpg

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
when do we get to see you in your too big clothes?

I appreciate the sentiment--ad hominem was always a sentimental favorite--but back to his pulling-at-the-waist, bottom-button-thirty-degrees-from-top-button jacket. I really have nothing against well-tailored clothing. (At my size, there's no other option.) And overcompensation is natural. In the effort to wear clothes that fit, some guys will wind up with undersized clothing.

literasyme

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
I appreciate the sentiment--ad hominem was always a sentimental favorite--but back to his pulling-at-the-waist, bottom-button-thirty-degrees-from-top-button jacket. I really have nothing against well-tailored clothing. (At my size, there's no other option.) And overcompensation is natural. In the effort to wear clothes that fit, some guys will wind up with undersized clothing.

No doubt. But that's not the case here. The coat in question is very slim-fitting, but the shoulders, chest, and seat all seem to fit very well (the lapels don't buckle, the shoulders don't bulge, the bottom of the coat doesn't flare out). I agree that the waist looks a tiny bit snug and the sleeves could be a hair longer (though the crumpling likely is to blame here). It also seems clear, though, that the coat is cut in such a way that the bottom button isn't supposed to be buttoned and the quarters are meant to open up quite a bit -- plus, the wearer is in motion, thus opening up the quarters on his left even more. Compared to the many too-tight-chested coats we see on WAYWT these days, this strikes me as an excellent example of a snug but well-fitted jacket.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat

Originally Posted by Veer12

Wut?
confused.gif

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
No doubt. But that's not the case here. The coat in question is very slim-fitting, but the shoulders, chest, and seat all seem to fit very well (the lapels don't buckle, the shoulders don't bulge, the bottom of the coat doesn't flare out). I agree that the waist looks a tiny bit snug and the sleeves could be a hair longer (though the crumpling likely is to blame here). It also seems clear, though, that the coat is cut in such a way that the bottom button isn't supposed to be buttoned and the quarters are meant to open up quite a bit -- plus, the wearer is in motion, thus opening up the quarters on his left even more. Compared to the many too-tight-chested coats we see on WAYWT these days, this strikes me as an excellent example of a snug but well-fitted jacket.

Very insightful. This highlights the problem with Nitpick Doyens - their barely observant point-scoring often makes the truly bitchy seem intelligent and reasonable

I've a ramie jacket that I've not yet posted here (but can be seen by the curious here), which wears similarly to that fellow's jacket, including the pulling that is not strictly due to being too tight - in fact, mine gives me ample breathing room despite having been suppressed further in the waist. I think it's down to fabric softness, but mainly, I think it happens most often due to the way in which the button is sewn on and how the left side of the jacket fastens to it

I also find the occasional stigma against shorter sportcoats a little baffling - it's a tweak, not an uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads