• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How would you deal with the "wannabee baller" friend?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kobrakai88
after reading your stories you should take an hour or 2 out of your day and set em straight...

I was thinking he should take an hour or two a day to work out a screenplay featuring this douche. Somebody'd by that...

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy sounds like big time comedy, but do you keep hanging out with him because he knows some dark secret about you or because you secretly want to do the love with him? Otherwise, I would only hang out with him at places I knew I didn't want to return for the sake of collecting good stories. I sort of wonder if there's some douche message board where the guy posts stories about his boring friend that doesn't dance, drink, or have game with women, or bark at jazz singers, but he continues to hang out with because he feels sorry.
laugh.gif

Kobrakai88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I was thinking he should take an hour or two a day to work out a screenplay featuring this douche. Somebody'd by that...
just a couple more quality stories about em and ill write it

Saltricks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Girls pepper sprayed him in the mall and he got into fisticuffs with a jazz pianist? I'm sorry, I'm having a little trouble believing some of this. If true, being a "wannabe baller" is the least of his problems.

okay the pepper spray was not real, but the fighting was

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pridecake
The sad thing is that there's an asian jersey shore being made. Your friend sounds perfect for a spot lol

There is? Link?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is ******* comical. How can this be a real person?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saltricks
Now for whatever stupid reason, douchefriend and I went to a nice michelin starred restaurant. It's a nice quiet place, cozy atmosphere, chic french/japanese decor until..."UHHH NANANANA!". In his outside voice. All eyes were on us. What the ****, man. Apparently he wanted to "liven the place up".

After telling the valet to "make sure his car was parked near the front, where people could see", we made our way to the bar.I thought a few drinks would tone him down (never learn my ******* lesson) so I buy him a beer and we sit down to one of the most bizarre avant-garde renditions of solo piano"jazz" I have heard in my life. After sleeping through the 15 minute piece, he wakes up during the applause and...I kid you not...starts barking at the pianist. Barking and hollering in ebonic/half english: BARK BARK WOOT... FRESH AS I RETURN...YAYAYEEE...NANANANA. Holy mother of god. The artist, unphased, continued with his next piece-- a gershwin-grave-spinningly bad cover of rhapsody in blue. The audience was deathly silent, save for the extremely loud drink stirring of douchefriend, followed by light guttural snoring. Once again, awakened by the applause, he started hollering again: YEAH BOIIII....WOOF WOOF in his loudest voice. The rag-clothed artist, visibly irritated at being barked at, calls douchefriend out. "Why you barking at me man?" . My friend just stood up and shouted: "You ******* suck. People are falling asleep, dude."

Your friends actions in those parts are hilarious
lol8[1].gif

Saltricks

Reaction score
Jessica
Douchefriend is not the best when it comes to the ladies. I mean, he’s gotten laid a few times, but I suspect that the girl was either deaf, on some sort of drug or medication, or actually a man. But at one point in time, he was much, much worse.

Back in high school, douchefriend had the hots for some girl named Jessica. She was a tall, gangly white woman with strong features and a pronounced Adam’s apple. According to him, she had given him the “signals”, which I found out later was probably her sneezing or waving at someone behind him. Whatever the case may be, he was head over heels for this girl.

Imagine my surprise when he triumphantly announced that he had actually TALKED to this girl…not only that, he even got her number! All was right in douchefriends world. That is…until we took a fateful trip to Knott’s Berry Farm. By “chance” (though looking back I’m not so sure) he passed by her in a crowd of people and waved to her and called her name…except she ignored him. It was almost as if he wasn’t there. It was almost as if the crowd was so loud, and there was so many people that she didn’t see him at all! Now douchefriend did what any normal, non-psycopathic individual would do…he stalked her.

For at least 3 hours, he tailed her, texting me about every little thing she was doing (I was enjoying the park with my other buddies while he trailed her on his own). “She’s eating right now, that *****.” “She’s in line for Montezuma’s Revenge…I think she’s talking about me!” “She ignores me just cuz I’m ******* asian…” Besides being a little creeped out, I just shrugged it off and told myself that he was just being a little kid again. Nothing bad could happen right?

“I saw her hug some random white guy! THAT GIRAFFE *****! Right on the ******* log ride. THAT’S IT, IM NOT TAKING THIS ANYMORE” . Uh-oh. Me and the guys high tailed it to the log ride, just in time to see him push his way through the line. He gets pretty far in, but Jessica is about to get onto the ride. So he starts shouting at her. “*************. YOU UGLY GIRAFFE! **** YOU, RACIST WHORE!”. I see her friends pointing at douchefriend, and I notice a wave of disgust wash over her face in tidal fashion.

Needless to say, she stopped talking to him. But, oh boy, did he keep talking to her. He tried texting her, calling her, messaging her, posting on her Myspace … but surprisingly, she did not take very kindly to his…overzealous approach to courtship. As she stopped responding, his messages got increasingly more aggressive. He’d text profanities and lewd pictures to her. He even pranked called her a bunch of times! I witnessed one of these attempts. He called her number at nine in the evening, then (using the most bizarre Down Syndrome /Middle Eastern hybrid accent I have ever heard) asked her if she would like to buy some Giraffe meat, at a bargain price. “ STOP CALLING ME!” She screamed so loud I could hear it from the receiver. He just laughed and called her a tall giraffe *****.

You think that would be enough for douchefriend, but no. He went so far as to create a fake Myspace page of her, using his rudimentary MS paint skills to splice her head onto a Giraffe’s body. He also pilfered a picture from her legitimate Myspace page and layered a big fat penis on a collision course with her gaping maw. Oh, and he also posted a picture of her bra that she left in her car. Only God knows the story behind that one.

Well, she found out about the website. And she got the police involved. Douchefriend was taken out of class, where he talked to a piggish police officer, who had copies of the offending web page printed out for douchefriend. He told him to take the pictures down or he would press charges. What was douchefriends response? Regret? Did he apologize? No. He complained to me about how posting pictures on the internet was NOT illegal and that “deputy donut” was just a rent a cop who masturbated to sears catalogs and dressing room security videos. He eventually took the site down (from fear of getting imprisoned).

So what did douchefriend learn from all this? He said that Jessica was irrefutable proof that all girls were “bitches who are shallow and have no real desire for smart, funny guys. They just want douche white guys who wear Abercrombie and fitch and have six packs and wear their hat backwards. Oh, smart, rich, compassionate Asian? No chance with them! Only gold diggers will want them (and they’ll cheat on the side)! That’s why they don’t like me! CUZ IM ******* ASIAN!”

Yes douchefriend.

It’s because you’re asian.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads