• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
On the office wear thing here's what I wore today aside from when I was running to court. I think I have an actual camera pic (this is on my bby) of this but I haven't pulled it off so the kinda crappy one here will have to suffice.

img00048201007280805.jpg

Linen jacket, OCBD, navy pants with a 2" cuff and AE hampstead spectators, plus my briefcase.

excellent. well played

scott, you might but stuff looks good. wear it well, buddy

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Originally Posted by APK
Looks good. I gotta admit, you've transitioned well to your new aesthetic after a rocky start.
Thanks, but realistically the new aesthetic wasn't so much an aesthetic as "trying fun stuff in summer", and the above does not constitute "trying stuff" as it's not particularly adventurous. I am still wearing more offbeat stuff in other contexts. Still, McQueen printed shirts are not going to happen at work, so might as well do a decent job of boring if possible. That jacket is actually part of a suit that I have been wearing on weekends with just a t shirt, rolling up the pants. I'll snap a pic sometime.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice fit JD, a pocket square would have set that whole fit off though. That might help it push it pass that border line boring.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the office wear thing here's what I wore today aside from when I was running to court. I think I have an actual camera pic (this is on my bby) of this but I haven't pulled it off so the kinda crappy one here will have to suffice.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4...1007280805.jpg

Linen jacket, OCBD, navy pants with a 2" cuff and AE hampstead spectators, plus my briefcase.

If I didn't know better I'd think that fit could be mine. That's just my cup of tea. Chapeau ! Fit on everything seems spot-on. Details on the jacket please...

A well-intentioned piece of advice:

Don't overdo the weight loss mania and try to build some lean muscle during Fall/Winter for a healthier and slightly more athletic overall appearance. ( Not so much that you need to size up and start another "My Entire Wardrobe On Sale" thread of course
laugh.gif
)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
new ann d coat, looks kinda interesting. maybe if it makes it to sale...
a8ae348a95.jpg
1de411f20a.jpg

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nice job with overall weight loss jd (I'm still doing my cutting, today I'm below 67.7kg or 150 pounds for the first time since high school). you should post your business stuff in waywt too, looks good.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The peacoat thread is back.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might buy some fake Rick dunks.
lookaround.gif
The design has grown on me.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Rotating dress shoes is a must. I have a central rotation of (now) 3 pairs and a few outliers that get tossed in from time to time. That is a small shoe rotation and the minimum I'd say. Suits, you probably need 4-5 but I'd say 3 is a minimum. I need new shirts, most of mine are really blousy since I lost weight.
You don't need many suits if you want to wear suits or jackets+slacks all the time but you need 4 seasons + some winter articles + some summer articles depending on the climate(s) you want to wear the suits in. Right now I'm mostly wearing jeans+tee but if I go suit I have 8 + several sportscoats (I have maybe 12-14 jackets but if you have to do office maybe only 4 of those can be worn) and slacks (I have say 7-8). Shoes you're good with 3-4 but around 10 is all you need. A nice overcoat + trench + some other coat wearable with a suit completes the look. Keep in mind that no matter where I am and what I am doing I'd never wear a dress shirt without a jacket, just can't stand it.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
I might buy some fake Rick dunks.
lookaround.gif
The design has grown on me.

For $100 or so I'm considering giving them a shot as well. Will wear real RO with fake RO
devil.gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
just don't wear it with slim jeans/slim shirt or else magician gonna flip out
Where2kop?(2)

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
(I'm sure this argument has been had on every site, but...) I really don't get the Rick sneakers. It is so rare to see a fit where they don't ruin the entire outfit. Maybe the only way to pull them off is to be conscious of how marsupialed they look and then dress accordingly?

Edit: And I like / subscribe to the whole avant-garde/"gothninja"/SZ aesthetic

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Platypus
(I'm sure this argument has been had on every site, but...) I really don't get the Rick sneakers. It is so rare to see a fit where they don't ruin the entire outfit. Maybe the only way to pull them off is to be conscious of how marsupialed they look and then dress accordingly?

I actually pretty much agree with this which is why I use them as my food shopping/going to the gym shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads