• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Gavin

Reaction score
Also, I know this is asking a lot, but if anyone has any 20% coupons from the last catalogue that they're not going to use...and you want to help a guy out to help offset shipping and duties to Canada...please and thank you.

PattyC

Reaction score
images%5FonFigure%5F17%5F17972%5F17972%5FWD2873%5Fm%5Ftif%5Fa6180bab5c2318cc.jpg
Gah, I've been looking for a tweed blazer like this for a while and being 6"2 I just have to determine whether to go for a 40L or 40R. Judging from the pics the model is wearing a 40R and the sleeves look pretty long, and I was hoping for a fit similar to this. Do you guys think I should just go with the 40R to get a similar look?

farraj18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gavin
Also, I know this is asking a lot, but if anyone has any 20% coupons from the last catalogue that they're not going to use...and you want to help a guy out to help offset shipping and duties to Canada...please and thank you.

You can use the code Extra30 online to get 30% off all final sale items and free shipping on purchases of $150+.

JCrew EXTRA30 Code Details

Hopefully this helps you out. Keep in mind that it is only good through or until noon on the 29th.

Happy shopping.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 6'1" and I like the 38 regular length on the ludlow suits. I have even tried on the short, and thought that it was perfect as well
smile.gif

GJA21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PattyC
images%5FonFigure%5F17%5F17972%5F17972%5FWD2873%5Fm%5Ftif%5Fa6180bab5c2318cc.jpg

Gah, I've been looking for a tweed blazer like this for a while and being 6"2 I just have to determine whether to go for a 40L or 40R. Judging from the pics the model is wearing a 40R and the sleeves look pretty long, and I was hoping for a fit similar to this. Do you guys think I should just go with the 40R to get a similar look?

Email customer service with the item#. They usually respond pretty fast with full measurements.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farraj18
You can use the code Extra30 online to get 30% off all final sale items and free shipping on purchases of $150+.

JCrew EXTRA30 Code Details

Hopefully this helps you out. Keep in mind that it is only good through or until noon on the 29th.

Happy shopping.

Nothing that I'm getting is on sale, unfortunately...but I didn't realize that the free shipping was on $150+ of anything, not just sale items. Thanks!

steve2318

Reaction score
I own the tweed jacket in size 40R and I am 6'1" and 185 lbs with an athletic build..I would say definitely go with the 40R for a real nice fit. In my opinion, the 40L would be to long...but it all depends on what you prefer. If you want a fit picture as an example, just let me know.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still a little lost with shirt sizing, I've now got a madras and lightweight shirt, both of which fit a bit differently. However, the common theme is that the collar is too tight when I button it.

I'm eying the dress shirts on sale, which are classic fit. Should I stick with a large like my other shirts (is the collar bigger on classic fit) or go up to an xl to fit my neck and get the body tailored?

I can't really go in and try since I'm in Canada.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
Yeah I noticed that too. I don't recall them being that thin in person last F/W. Maybe it's thinner this season but then again, the pics don't jive with some of the other imgs on their website.

Even in these two photos below, the lapels aren't that thin.

mens_sportcoatsvestsouterwear_v2_m56577569830621613.jpg

Although on my Ludlow cord blazer, the lapels are indeed that thin.

The lapels on the jacket seem wider than the rest of them. Is it an illusion?

hobscrk777

Reaction score

Wait...there are coupons in the catalogues?

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
Wait...there are coupons in the catalogues?

Some catalogues have coupons inserted at random. Not everyone gets one.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some catalogues have coupons inserted at random. Not everyone gets one.

I don't think it is random. I have been receiving J Crew catalogs for the last 5 years and have never been given a coupon. Some people get one every month.

Verno Inferno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I don't think it is random. I have been receiving J Crew catalogs for the last 5 years and have never been given a coupon. Some people get one every month.

Someone working for a different retailer once told me that coupons all depend on some matrix of how much you spend, whether you spend online or in-store (can't remember which is prefered), and whether you use a store credit card. I'm sure whichever combination is the most financially irresponsible and costly to you is the way to get the coupons.

hobojones

Reaction score
Huh? I've never actually purchased anything from J Crew except one shirt, but I get a coupon in the catalogue every time. So I don't think that that's the answer. (By the way, I don't think I'm going to be using the code, so PM me and if you're purchasing a lot of items, I'll give you the code when I get off work)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics