• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Anyone know of a shoe site that sells colored, flat, natural fiber shoelaces? Most ones I've seen and ordered from sell laces of a synthetic fiber. Synthetics suit my purposes but I'd like to see if there's a vendor that sells more cottony/fabric-y laces. I'm not sure if natural/synthetic is the correct distinction (they are probably both synthetic to a point).

For instance I'm looking for laces such as these (zoom on the lace):
http://www.zappos.com/product/7162892/color/72

Instead of these:
http://www.zappos.com/converse-all-star-core-ox-black-1

They look similar enough but they are different. What I'm actually looking for would be gray laces like on the first linked pair. Any input?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, could use recommendations for some basic wool navy pin- or chalk-stripe trousers. Straight leg, no taper, flat front. I'm considering J.Crew's Aldridge suit separates ($175) just so you can see roughly what I'm after.

images_eiec_16_16853_16853_WW9830_tif_e8f409d0d86716f1.jpg

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Shoe Cabinets that rotate out (see picture) safe to use for dress shoes?

Seems the shoes will be wedge vertically in those tight spaces once you close the cabinet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

click here

Reaction score
I got a tweed jacket that fits really well however the shoulders are a bit too boxy (think it might be from the 80s). Was wondering would it be easy for a tailor to make it less boxy ? Will it cost a lot? Or am I better off just buying a new jacket?

MusicGo

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here! I was hoping I could get some help finding a vest.

http://u2fanlife.com/wp-content/uplo...adrid-1987.jpg

I'm trying to find a vest just like the one in the picture here. Haha, don't laugh at me. Could anyone suggest a place online that would have a vest just like this, I always come up with really heavy, dressy, or cowboyish vests that are nowhere near the style or light weight look of this one.

Thank you!

cardguy

Reaction score
Any pointers to brands that make bucks with a sole that's a little less substantial? Basically, lower-profile bucks...

southernstyle

Reaction score
cardguy you might want to check out cole hann they have some nice bucks right now and I think they're having they're big sale.

daruma

Reaction score
re: slim fitting shirts. i had a tailor make me a shirt locally and it was alright, except for the bunching of fabric behind the upper arm. i called it to his attention but he said it had to be there because the shirt had no pleats. if he removed that, my movement will be very limited. any opinions?

junior varsity

Reaction score
wheres the cheapest place to get a pair of john lobb's ready to wear line?
like the chapel or the william ?

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
re: slim fitting shirts. i had a tailor make me a shirt locally and it was alright, except for the bunching of fabric behind the upper arm. i called it to his attention but he said it had to be there because the shirt had no pleats. if he removed that, my movement will be very limited. any opinions?

i had a slim fit shirt made with no pleats and no extra fabric behind the shoulders. i regret that from the first time i took it on. now i also go for pleats as i find it to be the neatest way to get a little room for movement.

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheweh
can you apply topy soles even after the sole has been worn quite a bit?

yes. the soles need to be somewhat roughened up for the glue to bind properly.

fbgm4l

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out what size Jcrew jeans I wear. I wear 36/30 or 36/32 in Calvin Klein and American Eagle jeans. I know those brands aren't really up to your standards but I'm just a college student so hopefully someone knows what size I should get lol.

originaldre

Reaction score
Quick Questions. I can get a pair of John Lobb shoes that are vintage in a size 12 US for $100. Do you think I could get my money back on ebay if they did not fit right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics