• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
are we going to see Deadpool? i'd like to see him develop into a major character...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Deadpool is coming out with his own movie.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
are we going to see Deadpool? i'd like to see him develop into a major character...
Ryan Renolds is playing him and the guys who wrote Zombieland are writing it. That I actually have hopes for. The rest of these movies will be awful.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Deadpool is coming out with his own movie.
Originally Posted by Rambo
Ryan Renolds is playing him and the guys who wrote Zombieland are writing it. That I actually have hopes for. The rest of these movies will be awful.
great news
thumbs-up.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Huh?
confused.gif

What's your question? I just meant that up to a year or so ago all the Marvel movies were self contained ala spiderman. There is such a wealth of backstory and tie in between the various characters it is a waste not to make use of it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that at least Capt. A's real costume in the movie?
I am interested to see how Hawkeye looks, mostly how they make his mask.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was keen on seeing the Wasp included, but a team of 6 is the perfect number to prevent character overcrowding

I can't help but suspect Hawkeye to be the comic relief, which is saying something when Chris Evans is the team leader

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cobie Smulders is now confirmed for the part of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill in The Avengers, Variety is reporting.

Smulders is best known for starring on the sitcom "How I Met Your Mother" and was loosely referenced in connection to an unproduced Wonder Woman film when Avengers director Joss Whedon was attached. (He included the note "Sorry, Cobie" in his announcement that he was off the project).

Comic book readers will be aware of Hill's role in the Marvel Universe as Nick Fury's second-in-command who took over as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. when Fury went missing during the "Civil War" storyline. Maria Hill has also appeared in the Ultimate Universe (where Fury resembles Samuel L. Jackson) but in a different capacity, and she's appeared in a couple of the cartoons as well, most recently voiced by Kari Wührer on "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

The Avengers will hit theaters on May 4, 2012.
amor-hill1.jpg
Cobie-Smulders-Maxim-4.jpg

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Canadian ftw.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the villain for the Avengers? Not Galactus, probably not the Skrulls.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I was hoping I would find Emma Peel here.
frown.gif

they already ruined that one
ralph_fiennes_uma_thurman_the_avengers_002.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads