• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your top pair of jeans?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and my PBJs are pretty damned awesome. Color's starting to break and they're looking good (plus, every time I cuff them I get rubbernecking action - pretty girls love purple jawnz) NdGs are pretty perfect for a light colored and lightweight pair of slim-straights. And the reverse-weft is a nice touch I can't really choose, I'm bad at this game. The only pair I can say is not up there are my 501 STFs
lol8[1].gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
My 1947 LVC's. Couldn't ask for a better pair of denim.

Levi's Vintage Collection: The 1947 501. Shrink-to-fit, straight leg, red-selvage goodness.

+1

I have 6 pair. They all fit a little bit different even though they are the same size. The fit varies from year to year.

Henryyy

Reaction score
Dior Homme MIJ 19cm about 6 days a week, APC NS on the off-day.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
currently Nudie Slim Jim's, but I'm looking forward to getting some Dior's at some point

Mountains

Reaction score
Only own a pair of APC NS right now. Copped some Spurr denim off Gilt, though, and waiting for it to ship.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Heard a lot of talk about the PBJ purples but never actually saw someone wearing them on here. My attempts to size PBJ 005s (in person no less) resulted in laughable fail. I don't know what the deal was but the jeans were 100% not working for me, guess the cut just wasn't made for me.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Heard a lot of talk about the PBJ purples but never actually saw someone wearing them on here. My attempts to size PBJ 005s (in person no less) resulted in laughable fail. I don't know what the deal was but the jeans were 100% not working for me, guess the cut just wasn't made for me.

cut is kind of tricky on the xx005 cut (xx007, xx010 ?is purple face i think).

it is 'straight leg' but it actually technically is a boot cut. very slightly. hem is about a quarter wider than the knee.

the thigh on these is one of the slimmest amongst the japanese brands. the thighs may be too narrow on even sizing up one .

the top block is one of the lowest rised top blocks there are.

i would say pbj is more unisex than most brands.

xxx
ive had the purple face before and although i never ended up wearing it, the denim is a nice purple slubby stiff fabric. lighter than usual i thought it would be deeper/darker more prone to an indigo but it isnt. it really is a purple.
ive seen it faded though and worn. it absolutley looks fantastic, simply one of the more unique jeans out there and if you got the body to pull it off, it looks terrific. it really turns heads.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somet 018

...and all da ladies goin' gaga.

The super low rise isn't for everyone, though.

socialdtk

Reaction score
Either my Skull 5010xx or Iron Heart 310s. Both pairs are fantastic and I look forward to beating the hell out of them.

Morgan

Reaction score
My current top pair are PBJ 005, although the thighs are pretty damn tight. I thought they'd loosen up over time, but the fit is still snug. Great overall, though. My APC NS are now my slouch around the house jeans. I don't wear my 5EPxSF denim all that much anymore but they are still in circulation.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior Homme 19CM for when i'm out and about
APC Petite Standards for work

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads