• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
i like how you guys throw around baller and plebs as if anyone on here is really that baller. expensive sneakers does not a baller make

I don't think anyone is doing it seriously. Except maybe jet, who knows.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one here really takes themselves seriously. Well, I hope not.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
idk it seems like in the relatively short time ive been on this forum ive watched it turn from one that valued fit more to one that values labels and the "baller" title more than anything else. at least thats how it is in the threads i look at (wawyt, random thoughts, recent purchases)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^plebe
laugh.gif

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh for sure. i had to buy a new school laptop and i have like 60 dollars in my savings now. i spend my money on staying alive and the occasional nice piece i save up for, but otherwise i just wear whatever i can find cheap or whatever i can find when i go out with my mom or some ****. i don't have a problem with that, but its kinda disappointing that its basically looked down upon here

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
when people start hating on "plebe" **** and "plebe" purchases its a little bit offensive as someone who has no money

i think the word "pleb" is usually referred to people who buy their button-ups at sears and talk about how they're just as good as BoO and anyone who likes expensive clothes is an elitist yuppie

vthustle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i think the word "pleb" is usually referred to people who buy their button-ups at sears and talk about how they're just as good as BoO and anyone who likes expensive clothes is an elitist yuppie

or "trolls"

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any baller or plebe comment by me is tongue-in-cheek unless it's one of those cases Uncontrol mentioned

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh for sure. i had to buy a new school laptop and i have like 60 dollars in my savings now. i spend my money on staying alive and the occasional nice piece i save up for, but otherwise i just wear whatever i can find cheap or whatever i can find when i go out with my mom or some ****. i don't have a problem with that, but its kinda disappointing that its basically looked down upon here

nobody is trying to make you feel bad, and in fact, if you put together good fits with inexpensive clothes people will go apeshit (see: jkissi). As a relatively poor college student, I buy something new once a month or maybe every other month, so I'm by no means baller. However, I do have an interest in fashunz and designer ****, so it's kind of annoying to see people who don't know better asking stupid questions about its value. I don't buy "pleb" **** because to me, it's worth it to save a while and buy something I can get really excited about.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol no one in SW&D is really 'baller' anyway

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also: I have a huge FS threak coming later today. Be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads