• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
my middle name.
wink.gif

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topbroker
I've been away from SF for a long while. I'm as allergic to posting photographs as I ever was, but I am enjoying many of yours. gnatty8, whom I remember from my earlier time, still completely stylin'. SpooPoker, new to me, your taste is awesome.

I just started teaching ESL in Korea a couple of months ago, and 99% of my wardrobe needs to be shipped to me; I'm dressing out of the garment bag I brought with me on the plane (four suits, one blazer). I hope to have all my belongings sent soon; I miss my clothes and books!

My Birman cat came with me to Korea, and having her here makes my little apartment (provided by the school) a lot more homey.

I'm currently teaching at a private academy for adult learners, but plan to be a visiting professor in a Korean university by this time next year. I have two master's degrees (in English literature and education) and all my credentials are from prestigious institutions, so finding a good uni job should be fairly easy. I landed this private academy job in a mere 72 hours from the moment I started my overseas job search.

My personal style, such as it is, is winning me many friends in Korea. It helps that I am of a mature age (51) as well. I have been called "Mr. CEO" and "Chairman of the Board," and have been compared to George Clooney twice. So now I can die happy.

EDIT: Here is my professional portrait:

2204382190102775237S425x425Q85.jpg

Glad to see you back but please burn that tie. Now, only if bmulford would rejoin?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Test driving a pair of paprika thanks to fritzl... Not my usual steez but thought I would be open minded. What do you think?
2cb1f180.jpg

i would say they rock
cheers.gif

on a random note: they are built on my old last. so they carry some kind of heritage.

glad you like them. wear'em in good health.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Fritz, your pm box is full, can you message me please. RR

oops, i'm sorry.

cleaned up a bit. thank you for the info...
smile.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

What i wore last night:
660e793c.jpg

This is sharp! I like the club tie.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, topbroker. I remember when you where living up in Appleton, Wisconsin.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pics gregaz.

Originally Posted by topbroker
I have been called "Mr. CEO" and "Chairman of the Board," and have been compared to George Clooney twice. So now I can die happy.
Well done.

...and welcome back, of course.
wink.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

What i wore last night:
660e793c.jpg

For Date Night with:
3d2109f2-2.jpg

And:
68f3a2f9-1.jpg

The food looks good Dawg! Soul food!
Some beautiful women on your side, lucky man.

tshaw

Reaction score
8e8a36a2.jpg

Hey, SPoo.....the garden behind you is looking pretty good - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme??
laugh.gif

T

Nice suit, btw...what material is it and I love the PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads