• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannn

Reaction score
Yah, I wish I could find some white on white mountain boots or docs.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
i ordered the black skinnys in 31, theyre going back, fit fine in the waist, not working at all in the thighs, would def need to size up in this cut.

hows the denim on the "rigids"? might try out the greencasts

If the greencast was labeled rigid (I think it may have been), they are not rigid at all.

I guess my advice for the tapered cut would be to go TTS unless one truly has stick figure legs. They are vanity sized 1".

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually going to go in that direction as well (though not as tailored and clean as that), since my wardrobe is made up of a lot of that style of stuff anyways. In fact, I actually just picked up these Visvim x Fragment Design boots off ebay. They are maybe the most comfortable shoes ever. They go so well with my khakis and grays, as well as both slim and baggy pants. I love them.

!ByKypiQCGk~$(KGrHqN,!i8Ew5R(JC95BMQoyH,WDw~~0_12.JPG

!ByKyrI!EWk~$(KGrHqZ,!h4Ew5Cnom2WBMQoyUwMt!~~0_12.JPG

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
i really just dont get the whole sweats thing i guess. they may be some nice expensive sweats.. but theyre fuckin sweats.

Your issue is your bias towards sweat pants, which is understandeable (we all know what the typical pair of sweat pants looks like) but unfair towards good quality sweats that are well made/designed. Think of them as loose cotton pants more than 'sweats' if it helps you discern between the two.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at their boots too. They look pretty nice with the ankle padding and tongue detail but I just have a gut feeling that once you get to hold them in your hands, they'll feel cheap as hell.
34xj1qx.jpg

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Yeah I was looking at their boots too. They look pretty nice with the ankle padding and tongue detail but I just have a gut feeling that once you get to hold them in your hands, they'll feel cheap as hell.

Topman or Visvim?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Those are the DÃœM Martens™.

onion, Topman of course, lol.

I emailed Danner to see if they could switch out the regular soles on a pair of Mountain Lights to some Vibram Cristy soles, hopefully they can.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
^Those are the DÃœM Martensâ„¢.

onion, Topman of course, lol.

I emailed Danner to see if they could switch out the regular soles on a pair of Mountain Lights to some Vibram Cristy soles, hopefully they can.

Yeah I'm sure quality will be **** on Topman. I mean keep in mind Hudson shoes are more expensive than those Topman on their website, and Hudson leather is awfulllllll. I'd definitely go Danner or the like. Even if you can't get the Vibram soles.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I've been moaning about how I watched a couple of items for a while, waiting for them to get marked down, only to not have the money to get them once they were. In a rare swing of good luck, both of them resurfaced on their respective website on the same day.

Already bought one of them (last one apparently) and am still contemplating the other (want, but not a real necessity right now).

I'm not sure any sale item I've ever watched has sold out and then been restocked. Especially when they don't seem to be anywhere else on the entire damn internet.

I hope that other one is a size M WWM floral print shirt from Tres Bien. I only know it came back in stock because I took a chance and bought the small since the medium was sold out, and just checked the sale again to see if anything neat was left, lo and behold the size M was back. Small fits me like I wanted though, so I'm pretty happy.

But seriously, that shirt is ******* awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads