• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
great fit man, jacket looks solid. another handmade piece of yours or what?

thanks !! definitely not one of my handmade things...that would take weeks to stitch by hand. I'm trying to get my line ready for fw11 so this is just a prototype I had made by a tailor. I'm pretty happy with it...but I'd like to make the front pockets a bit longer and do the zipper all the way up to the top of the collar for the final design

Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
REALLY like how that turned out, let me see it if you have time sunday!!!!

smile.gif
see you then

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
that's only because most shampoos have sulfate-based cleaning agents in them. and every day isn't necessary but there's a huge gap between every day, 10 days (dirty human), and once a month (repulsive). get a decent shampoo and clean yourselves properly

Actually hair stylists have insisted that I shampoo my hair on a weekly basis because of my oily hair, I end up doing it fortnightly because my hair looks best between 1-2 weeks and worst within a few days of shampooing (and yes, I've used various $30+ shampoos to the same end).

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hair looks best after a day of no shampooing. I've thought of avoiding it for long periods of time to see if it'd get used to it, but my friend did that and even after he said it was past the bad stage it still felt pretty gross.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another on the now shampoo tip. I wash with hot water and that's it. No stink, not gross.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Actually hair stylists have insisted that I shampoo my hair on a weekly basis because of my oily hair, I end up doing it fortnightly because my hair looks best between 1-2 weeks and worst within a few days of shampooing (and yes, I've used various $30+ shampoos to the same end).
the price isn't the indicator it's the ingredients list most people don't read and most stylists aren't aware of. if you like, walk through the aisle next time and grab any random number of bottles and see how many have sulfates or their derivatives listed, it's astonishing. basically industrial grade chemicals that help the foaming process. and this extends across all price ranges. best bet is using olive-oil based shampoos/conditioners and extracts versus essences/fragrances. without cleaning your hair, the natural oils accumulate (irrespective of whether you have "dry/oily" hair) and then capture pollution, dirt, dust, whatever you're exposed throughout the day. now magnify this effect by the number of days you haven't washed your hair....
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Hot water actually isn't good for your hair either.
tongue.gif

yes people seem to think bathing consists of pouring water on themselves

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
people who use expensive shampoo and conditioner don't like hearing the facts, so i won't state them.

...but god it's hard to resist.

i use a $15 shampoo bar from lush, it's handmade from rustic granola or some ****. smells like a smokehouse but it's the only thing that keeps my scalp from itching like crazy. i shampoo every day.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i use a $15 shampoo bar from lush, it's handmade from rustic granola or some ****. smells like a smokehouse but it's the only thing that keeps my scalp from itching like crazy. i shampoo every day.

I think lush just came to Korea not long ago. Walking into their place is like walking into a bakery but you can't eat anything so it makes you angry. Curious how their products are since my gf is extremely sensitive about soaps and usually only gets DHC.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by aeglus
I think lush just came to Korea not long ago. Walking into their place is like walking into a bakery but you can't eat anything so it makes you angry. Curious how their products are since my gf is extremely sensitive about soaps and usually only gets DHC.

i love pretty much everything there

i don't think there's any concrete rule for shampooing (e.g. if i don't wash my hair every day my scalp gets itchy as **** and my hair feels gross) but i think any less than once a week is pretty grody.

Originally Posted by aeglus
is it cheaper in Canada, because most of their products here basically cost $30 (going by their small ice cream tubs)

Haha my ex used to work at lush. Hardout wanted to eat those chocolate ones.

but yeah, read the ingredients. It's the same as everything else. Smells nicer and looks cooler though, so it's all good. expensive for what it is, but make really good gifts.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shave your head and leave all your shampooing confusion behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads