• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
Tony gaziano used to run the EG bespoke service before they decided to get out of bespoke. Do a search back to 2007 or so and you can find the discussions.

I don't think you will find EG wanted out of the bespoke business at all, Tony was approached by Dean Girling in regards to going at it alone, so EG were left without anyone to run the bespoke operation.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
I don't think you will find EG wanted out of the bespoke business at all, Tony was approached by Dean Girling in regards to going at it alone, so EG were left without anyone to run the bespoke operation.

Why couldn't EG find a replacement?

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
Why couldn't EG find a replacement?

I think finding someone in the same ball park as Tony in terms of skill and experience will be a fairly difficult task.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855

I found the old thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...777#post146777

Originally Posted by aportnoy
Courtesy of Andre Yew on AAAC...

When I saw Tony Gaziano today to get measured for a bespoke shoe, he told me that he's leaving EG shortly to start his own bespoke shoe company, but with EG's blessings. He's telling all his potential clients so that they know what's going on before committing to a shoe.

EG will no longer be offering bespoke. The new company will be called Gaziano Girling, with Mr. Girling as Tony's partner who does the sewing and finishing of the bottom part of the shoe, while Tony handles the lastmaking, clicking, the uppers, and the finishing.

Originally Posted by Baron
I suppose confirmation of the actual event is new news. It is to me at least. And the fact that EG is leaving the bespoke business rather than hiring someone to replace Tony is rather surprising.

Originally Posted by A Y
I posted a few more details on AAAC, but basically EG don't like the unpredictability of the bespoke business: they're very much bottom-line oriented. For example, when Tony comes back in October, if clients don't show up for their fittings, which is not unusual, then they can't collect the remaining amount due for the shoes until potentially much later.

--Andre

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cross post from "...a day in Vienna"

Originally Posted by fritzl
two quickshots of mr. petkovs work, bespoke samples:

shoes01.jpg

shoes02.jpg

fwiw, the shoe on the right in the first picture won a bronze medal in an international contest recently.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

fwiw, the shoe on the right in the first picture won a bronze medal in an international contest recently.

Bottom right in the second pic is lovely.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Bottom right in the second pic is lovely.

irl, the bottom left is the best i have seen in a long time...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

from the bottom picture i like the all of the full brogues alot the whole cut is Fulgy as hell and should be sent there to burn

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
...the whole cut is Fulgy as hell and should be sent there to burn

exactly my thoughts, too

these are contest styles. fwiw, seems to be rather tricky to do the "braided" part.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
exactly my thoughts, too

these are contest styles. fwiw, seems to be rather tricky to do the "braided" part.

well, doing it seamless and a hand etched medalion might have looked better
laugh.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
LiTUh.jpg

Oh ****.
worship.gif
worship.gif

Quite a few of these appear to be copies from vintage classics on centipede even dating to 1920s which is not a criticism as I have often wondered if someone would reproduce them in the 21stC.

Congrats!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads